General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

High beams wont come on.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default High beams wont come on.

I can pull the switch and the low beams turn off. The high beams wont come on though. Both bulbs are new. Didn't see a high beam fuse anywhere. Where would you start? Switch is fine... its something with the lights.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how are the contacts to the headlight connector? I had HID's in my truck and when I pulled the connector from the bulb wires, one of the wires frayed loose... and I lost my hight beams.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have a similar issue... my HB do not come on and I dont even get the indicator light in the dash when I hit the switch. My LB stay on too. Mines acting like I'm not even hitting the switch at all but yet, the entire column was swapped out with a known good/working car. Does anyone have head light HB/LB/FOG wiring diagrams?
Old 10-13-2012, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

mine does this too. When I pull on the wiper switch to engage the high beams it doesnt click and they dont come on.

Someone on here told me there is a rod that connects to something in the steering column. Apparently it comes off / can pop off. Theres a thread on here somehwere..I'm yet to fix mine
Old 10-13-2012, 05:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattyfresh89
mine does this too. When I pull on the wiper switch to engage the high beams it doesnt click and they dont come on.

Someone on here told me there is a rod that connects to something in the steering column. Apparently it comes off / can pop off. Theres a thread on here somehwere..I'm yet to fix mine
Same here. The stalk pushes a rod under the steering column to activate a little plastic switch under the knee bolster. In my case the rod is either slightly bent and not pushing the switch far enough, or there's a problem with the switch. I gave up on it a while back but it's still on my list of things to fix.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

there may be loose screws on the switch, the metal rod fits into the switch and if the screws are loose it is very difficult to turn HB lights on or off....checking the switch is fairly easy,,,remove the plastic covers under the steering colomn....you will need to remove the bracket holding the steering colomn up....then loosen the bolts holding the steering colomn to the floorboard...you should be able to lower the steering colomn just enough to check the screws on the switch for tightness ,engage the HB lights see whats happening with the metal rod....if everything works mechanically then your switch could a goner...at least now you can also replace it....hope you get it figured out
Old 10-17-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a shot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: High beams wont come on.