LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Solid Roller Lifters

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solid Roller Lifters

Hey my american friends I have a question since ive heard nothing but bad things about needle bearings. I see that Isky has some nice solid roller lifters (EZX Lifters) Anyone run these and what would be the other best option. I want to go Satin with this car. So I can show all my "American Hating Engineering" friends and let them know that the war is over but not with Muscle vs Euromeat and how are the Elite race Comp cams lifters?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

those are decent lifters I hear. I have The Comp Elite lifters in my cay. I would also look at the Morrel Solid lifters also
Old 10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

the isky red zones ive seen a couple issues with locally.......the comps are good....crower as well......i run the morel's in mine.....for my own stuff id run morel in the future they're a GREAT lifter ive had awesome luck with mine
Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GermanLSX
Hey my american friends I have a question since ive heard nothing but bad things about needle bearings. I see that Isky has some nice solid roller lifters (EZX Lifters) Anyone run these and what would be the other best option. I want to go Satin with this car. So I can show all my "American Hating Engineering" friends and let them know that the war is over but not with Muscle vs Euromeat and how are the Elite race Comp cams lifters?
If your motor will see a lot of street time and idling make sure you get pressure fed lifters with an oiling hole instead of just a groove in the body, and set a reasonable idle.

I have the new style Comp EndureX lifters in mine, by Llyod's recommendation. There are a lot of factors for lifter lifespan but i did my research first and people are getting many years of street miles out of them between servicing. These are on aggressive motors too, some with 800+ lbs of open pressure.

They are rated as a "Street/Marine" lifter by comp...and I don't know of many motors that get more abuse then marine builds.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Crowers here, no issues at all. They have the hippo oiling.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for all the recommendations. Ill elaborate. This motor will see lots of autobahn use. Like mentioned above a marine engine. Car runs like a champ in stock form. Its still not fast enough for our new AMG & M series cars. It handles way better since I upgraded the suspension and rides smoother, and no steering wheel vibration. The rear end whining seems to be getting louder

Quick Reply: Solid Roller Lifters