Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers, Exhuast, Lowering Kit-NEW

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers, Exhuast, Lowering Kit-NEW

Recently purchased a 2000 Trans am. I previously owned a 98 Z28. The camaro was already lowered and I did get some true duals with flowmaster exhaust on it but never bought headers for it. I was wondering which lowering kits are the best. Also was wondering about which headers/exhaust combo is best while still passing smog in Cali. I know if I lower it I'm still going to need ground clearance and everything. My camaro was lowered and had a body kit on it so I know how it goes. There's just so many different brand and combos out there, just need a little guidance. Not too concerned about price, just want it to look good, sound good, and pass smog. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think there are any long-tubes on the market that will pass CA emissions, and I doubt many, if any, of the mids would pass, either. Shorties don't flow much better than stock manifolds, so if you're worried about emissions, it may be better just to skip headers.

Lowering springs and shocks depends on your budget and goals. If you just want something low that doesn't handle exceptionally well, Eibach springs and Bilstein HD shocks would work; if you want something that sits a bit higher but handles exponentially better, Strano springs with either Bilstien HD shocks (less expensive) or Koni shocks (more expensive).
Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rear mount turbo. Should pass Cali emissions with flying colors. It may not like the lowering kit though :-)

NO long tube or mid headers will pass Cali emissions due to different placement/quality of catalytic converters.

If you want the lowered look thats one thing, but you can make the car handle very well stock ride height, new (quality) shocks, and a big beefy front sway bar.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot for the information, both of you

Quick Reply: Headers, Exhuast, Lowering Kit-NEW