Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Youtorque.com 3D interactive engines...taking simulation to the next level

Old 10-10-2012, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Youtorque.com 3D interactive engines...taking simulation to the next level

Yeah, it's about time someone did this wouldn't you say? Well for the past two years I've been developing this site with what little free time I have, that allows for users to dismantle various performance engines and gain experience in a virtual environment, before attempting the job in the real world....sound enticing? I thought so!

I've always wanted something like this for myself ever since I was a little kid playing Gran Turismo on the original PlayStation. I've always been infatuated with how things work, especially engines...and once I started playing around with computers and graduated with a degree in computer programming, I decided it was time that someone create such an application and allow for enthusiasts such as myself to utilize it FREE OF CHARGE!!....yeah no joke....FREE....no strings attached!

Heard enough?...ready to check it out?...you may do so by following this link:

Youtorque | Interactive 3D Engines
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For everyone that doesn't want to download a unknown plug-in. You can get the jist of it in this video:

Old 10-10-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks neat, but when I download, my virus protection blocks it and says it is not safe. Just saying.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad
Looks neat, but when I download, my virus protection blocks it and says it is not safe. Just saying.
I was unaware of this until your post. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Since the plugin is still very new and has yet to be accepted into many browsers' built in plugin archives it may appear to some of the more strict anti-virus software programs as "fishy" and be marked as untrusted, etc.

However I can assure you that there is nothing included in the plugin that will/could cause harm to your system, but as always it is up to you to decide whether or not you wish to install the plugin on your machine.

Many Thanks!,
Old 10-11-2012, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

I gotta say, that is cool as **** and insanely helpful for a newbie mechanic like myself. I do this as a hobby rather than taking classes to learn about cars and engines and this really makes me feel like I learned quite a bit about the internals of an engine. Thank you for taking the time to create this for us!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by BlackHawk96WS6
I gotta say, that is cool as **** and insanely helpful for a newbie mechanic like myself. I do this as a hobby rather than taking classes to learn about cars and engines and this really makes me feel like I learned quite a bit about the internals of an engine. Thank you for taking the time to create this for us!
Thank you for the kind words my friend! It really is motivating to know that there are people like yourself out there who have benefited from what I created! I wish I had more content up for users to play around with but being a one man team and working a day job, my time has been limited here lately...lots of long nights and energy drinks consumed lol.

Also I wanted to let people know that from here on the applications that I release will also include factory part numbers for the part whenever the user hovers over it in the application. So instead of just getting the name of the part, the user will get the name of the part and a part number that they can utilize or cross reference! Fun times ahead

Search this Thread