Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WEIRD PROBLEM..... help???

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WEIRD PROBLEM..... help???

for the last month or so my car has felt like the tranny is slipping in 3rd and 4th....i figured the clutch pack was going...1000 miles later, its still not burned up. in the low gears my cars feels like an animal but once it hits third it flattens out. also sometimes when i hammer on it, it will delay the downshift or not downshfit at all...

basically it all comes down to when i step on it at any speed above say 20....i just dont feel like its accelerating real hard...no banging rev limiter and the shifts are pretty firm at WOT. it just feels like its not going anywhere....i don't get the whack in the back that i used to get..(BTW i've checked trans fluid, fuel pressure, spark, knock retard etc..)

heres the weird part....me and a friend of mine were out beating on it tonite trying to figure out the problem...we ran into a friend of mine with an M6 2000 SS that just dynoed 343 RWHP today...from a 25-30 mph roll i was STILL able to put a car or two on this guy and the whole time my car felt slow as s**t.....(BTW im not talking about him driving badly, my car was still pulling THROUGH his gears, not just during the shifts.)

sorry for the long post but can anybodythink of why my trans feels like its screwed up and im still pulling bolt-on M6s from a roll??? (it literally feels like its outright broken)..