LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1, no spark, no 5 volt from computer

Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1, no spark, no 5 volt from computer

i have a 96 impala ss with the stock lt1, i have been pulling my hair trying to figure this issue out, recently it would start and die start and die wiggling the wiring harness would let it run for a while so harness was replaced now its a no start, no spark, i have checked opti i am getting 12 volt and ground but im not getting the 2, 5 volt refrences. on the low res im getting .8 volts with key on and and it slowly climbs to 1.2 volts while cranking on high res i have 3.0 volts and it stays the same what do i do from here im thinking a neighbor who is not on my "best friends" list may have tried sabotage it is there anything i can do to test computer or is there any way crossed wires somewhere could be causing this??? i have checked all my pink ign wires coming to pcm they all have power and correct amount i have also checked all my grounds to pcm andthey show good i dont know what to do any help would be great
Old 10-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also note when i say crossed wires i mean wires somewhere else on car not the ones for the opti and also before i had harness switch it would show the correct voltages

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lt1, no spark, no 5 volt from computer