General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

removing air deflector

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry removing air deflector

I have a 2002 Pontiac TA Firebird WS6. I'm trying to replace the fog lights and it says in the Haynes book to remove the air deflector. My problem is, I can't figure out how to remove the air deflector. Tried unscrewing the screws but from the inside it looks like it has some sort of clip on it. Tried popping it out but afraid to break anything. Someone please help. I have had such problems with my front lights especially the turn signals. Replaced housings that was cracked on top and letting water pool in the housing and shorting out my bulbs. Replacement ones are now cracking in front.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

They are a push pin,use a flat blade driver to pry down the center pin a little bit then use a pair of pliers so you can grip it and pull it down the rest of the way.

Then you remove the whole black piece ring and pin together.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetp1962
I'm trying to replace the fog lights and it says in the Haynes book to remove the air deflector.
Hugh? You should be able to remove 2 10mm bolts on the underside of the bumper on each side of the car, open the access hatch, and then you have easy access to the fog light bulbs and the bolts that hold in the fog light housings.

Quick Reply: removing air deflector