Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Which manifolds to run A/C with stock Kmember for 5.3 turbo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which manifolds to run A/C with stock Kmember for 5.3 turbo setup?

I see most commenting that a C6 passenger manifold WITH a BMR turbo Kmember will clear a factory located A/C setup. Well this is a strick budget build but a $700 Kmember isnt high at the top of my list. I ve searched and didnt see much that used the stock Kmember so sorry in advance if i missed an old post that cleared this up for me.

is moving the compressor my best bet? or does something random like a LS9 or ????? help with passenger side fitment

This will be in a Z. Vertical radiator. Front mount.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can use a c6 manifold on the passenger side, then the passenger-side-truck-manifold on the driverside facing forward.
people have used the stock k-member with this. Its just easier with the turbo k-member.
I have just the passenger side truck manifold for sale if you want to save yourself money by just buying that instead of the pair and not using the other.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
you can use a c6 manifold on the passenger side, then the passenger-side-truck-manifold on the driverside facing forward.
people have used the stock k-member with this. Its just easier with the turbo k-member.
I have just the passenger side truck manifold for sale if you want to save yourself money by just buying that instead of the pair and not using the other.
does the hot side pipe go bellow (like i have seen most with turbo Kmember) or above the A/C compressor with a stock kmember?

Thanks for the offer. I have the truck manifolds covered. The hard part will be finding that random passenger C6 manifold.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just did a c6 mani build and dont see how in any way that would be possable to do with out a turbo k member...pm if you would like more info

Quick Reply: Which manifolds to run A/C with stock Kmember for 5.3 turbo setup?