Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idiot light sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idiot light sensor

I'm trying to hook up the idiot light on my LS1 and have been having a problem finding something to fit. Best option of course would be a 12mm sender for the pass side head. Next best choice would be 1/8 npt sensor with an adapter (12mm x 1/8") if I could find such an item(1/8" sensor). Anyone know where I could find one of these sensors or if they are even available? I hate to go with S&P's 12mm x 3/8 npt fitting as the clearance is real tight.
Thanks,Hal

Last edited by Hal StClair; 10-15-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What idiot light are we working with ? I take it that we are looking for Water Temp ?

I usually drill and tap the passenger side head for my temp sender. Just go slow once it starts to go through, put some grease on the bit and run a Vacuum hose to suck out the bits..

BC
Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal StClair
I'm trying to hook up the idiot light on my LS1 and have been having a problem finding something to fit. Best option of course would be a 12mm sender for the pass side head. Next best choice would be 1/8 npt sensor with an adapter (12mm x 1/8") if I could find such an item(1/8" sensor). Anyone know where I could find one of these sensors or if they are even available? I hate to go with S&P's 12mm x 3/8 npt fitting as the clearance is real tight.
Thanks,Hal
How soon do you need the sender? I take the 3/8 senders and turn them down to 12MM on a lathe, then re-thread them so they fit the hole in the head. The only problem is I'm in New Orleans working and won't be back home until the middle of next month.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would work LS1MCSS, I can wait that long. Do you have the sensor or do you need one? Let me know, thanks,Hal

Quick Reply: Idiot light sensor