Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

DFW TX MUSTANG owner planning LSx Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DFW TX MUSTANG owner planning LSx Swap

Hey guys and gals, first off my name is Shelby, I'm 23, and I just recently moved to Arlington TX. I've recently decided I wanted to do a LSx swap on my foxbody mustang. I was originally going to do a new 5.0 swap on my mustang but after i started making calculations there's no way i can afford that! I wanna build a daily driver with a/c and (maybe) cruise control (later on). I've rebuilt 5.0 motors for this car and a couple other foxes and am just looking for something new. Motor is coming out Thursday and I'll start getting plans more underway.

My reason for registering is to find swap parts and general lsx information. I'm hoping to be patient and take my time on this build. i usually get in a rush when building up and decide to go a quicker route with builds then regret something later. Not this time! lol

That being said, if anyone sees this thats selling an lsx setup or fox swap parts (or knows someone) i'm definitely in the market. I'll prolly post in the wanted ads once i get down to specifics but current need to buy list is:

aje xmember w/ lsx mounts, dynatech headers, lsx from intake to oil pan (fbody or cts pan) ecu, aftermarket harness, t-56, swap driveshaft, trans xmember, f body lower alternator setup, f body radiator. aftermarket mustang suspension parts.

other things i'll need that you know that i dont, let me know!

Here's a pic of my baby.

Hope to learn a lot here!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 AM
On The Tree

Beautiful car, that is the only body style of mustangs I like. Good luck with your swap .
Old 10-17-2012, 07:13 AM

Default its beautiful car

i am going to drive this car & i am purchase in this car
Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Drew WS6
Beautiful car, that is the only body style of mustangs I like. Good luck with your swap .
Thank you very much! It's definitely my favorite body style besides the '67 Fastback, but, that wont happen until a long time from now. After I get the motor out tomorrow I'll begin doing some body work on the car and get it repainted. Some suspension mods are gonna make it lower and I'm thinking about putting some black powercoated CCW classics w/ chrome lip on it It's gonna be debadged also.. Maybe a 5.7 logo on the side. Or 6.0.. Depending on what I find haha.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Launching!

Nice notch man one of my favorite mustang bodies as well. LSx swap is in my notch's future at some point. Looks like u got the five lug swap taken care of.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club

Build Ford tough with chevy stuff!! The best possible swap for that car. A 6L would be a great start. Then upgrade as you go. That way you dont lose interest, and change directions.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Red Orange 96
Nice notch man one of my favorite mustang bodies as well. LSx swap is in my notch's future at some point. Looks like u got the five lug swap taken care of.
Thanks buddy. I do have the 5 lug taken care of but I plan on going all drilled and slotted all the way around with a manual brake setup. That way incase I decide to go a different route later on, my brake setup wont be an issue.

Originally Posted by onefast84
Build Ford tough with chevy stuff!! The best possible swap for that car. A 6L would be a great start. Then upgrade as you go. That way you dont lose interest, and change directions.
Yeah lol. I went to the dark side. I found a real good deal on a complete 5.7 with ecu, harness, and all accessories AND a fbody oil pan for $1600 that I'll be picking up next week. I'm going to strip it all down and get the shortblock freshened up. after i get everything running and good i'll start upgrading. cam, heads, intake first!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssowell
Thank you very much! It's definitely my favorite body style besides the '67 Fastback, but, that wont happen until a long time from now. After I get the motor out tomorrow I'll begin doing some body work on the car and get it repainted. Some suspension mods are gonna make it lower and I'm thinking about putting some black powercoated CCW classics w/ chrome lip on it It's gonna be debadged also.. Maybe a 5.7 logo on the side. Or 6.0.. Depending on what I find haha.
I approve of all of this. . Sounds like it will be nasty..keep us updated!

Quick Reply: DFW TX MUSTANG owner planning LSx Swap