General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Power windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power windows not working

Just some basics, new window motors, lubed regulator tracks(Pain in the a**), new drivers door master switch. Still both windows will not work. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can chase this thing down??
Old 10-17-2012, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Have you checked your body control module?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...blems-fix.html
Old 10-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Adam86
Have you checked your body control module?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...blems-fix.html
I dont have one that I know of, BCM's are an OBD2 thing. I have a 94.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:50 AM
Teching In

found a wiring diagram and found no power going to the 30amp breaker with key on engine off. Anyone know where I can locate this relay that supplies power to the 30amp breaker in the circuit????
Old 10-21-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, don't have a wiring diagram for a 94. However, my guess is with how many times that driver's side door has opened for the last 18 years - could be possible one or more wires is broken where the wires feed from the body of the car into the door.

IIRC, the passenger window will get power from the driver's side/master switch so I bet you have wiring issues going to the master switch and my first place to look would be in that rubber grommet/boot.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lt1pwr1
Sorry, don't have a wiring diagram for a 94. However, my guess is with how many times that driver's side door has opened for the last 18 years - could be possible one or more wires is broken where the wires feed from the body of the car into the door.

IIRC, the passenger window will get power from the driver's side/master switch so I bet you have wiring issues going to the master switch and my first place to look would be in that rubber grommet/boot.
I was thinking that, but i tested the wires on the drivers door master switch and the main power feed from the breaker had no power. so i went back to the breaker in the fuse panel before it even enters the door and pulled the 30 amp from the fuse block. there was no power at either connection on the fuse block so i checked the wiring diagram and its going back to an ignition relay that appears to be independent from rest of the cars ignition power system. only problem is i cant find this relay to test it.

Quick Reply: Power windows not working