General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Tach not working after installing new intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tach not working after installing new intake

hey guys, I just put a Weiand LS1 intake on my 2000 camaro z28. Now the tach wont work, Its idleing fast till you come to a complete stop. and when you drive it, it seems to be in open loop. I was told it could be the cranck senser but would they just go bad like that? Cant wait to get some help on this one its driveing me Crazy. Thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

The camshaft position sensor is on the back of the intake on a 2000. It generates the RPM signal for the tachometer on most cars. It also takes longer to start an engine without the signal and the fuel injectors won't be timed but batch fired. You probably forgot to plug it back in or it's not fully connected, broken, etc. You should have a P0342 code due to this. It's right on top in the middle back under the windshield, you may have to go by feel to find the wire and put it on.

Vernon
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 PM

Thanks alot for the help, I think you are exactly right. Now I just have to wait for my son to come home from school to put it in for my he has smaller arms. Thanks again for the help you saved me!!!

Quick Reply: Tach not working after installing new intake