Sponsored by:

Need help to identify connector

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help to identify connector

I've searched for hours but have not found the answer to this:

The donor vehicle is a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT 4x4, 5.3 LC9 w/4L60E. I'm trying to 'bench start' the motor and have hooked up all the wiring to the engine, fuse box, and dashboard. I turn the ignition key to run and the only signs of life I get are the orange 'engine' light turns on, I have the ability to switch gears in the transfers case using the selector switch on the dash, and the throttle body valve calibrates and moves to its start position. Nothing else happens other than what's listed.

While hunting down possible causes, I found a white/black connector that is not connected. It is part of the harness that goes to the accelerator pedal sensor. It exits the harness about 16 inches away from the pedal. There is green tape wrapped around its base.

Anyone know what it is? The connector with purple in the center is the gas pedal sensor, and the white & black 4 pin is the one I need to know about.
Attached Thumbnails Need help to identify connector-img_20121017_212834.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 01:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Do you have a wire connected directly to the starter solenoid? The 07 and up trucks the starter relay is controlled by the BCM. I would bypass that and go straight to the starter and it should crank.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I found out the connector is nothing too important. It just attaches to the brake pedal switch. I hooked it up and still have the same problem. Only information I get on the gauges is the check engine light. No other lights appear during bulb check which is not a good sign.

I tried bypassing everything for the starter by hooking a jumper wire to the starter solenoid relay. The starter will crank the motor over, but I'm either not getting spark or the injectors aren't firing. The fuel pump works now. I took it out of the tank and found out it broke in half from the original accident the truck was in. Half an hour later and I had it fixed and back together. It primes when the ignition is put to 'run' and pumps while I'm trying to start the motor.

Any ideas on the instrument cluster/guage issue and how that most likely relates to not being able to start the engine as well? Scan tool won't even talk to pcm...I just get a message on it that says 'error'.

Anyway to check and verify if pcm is fried?
Old 10-29-2012, 04:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

What is this going in? Some ignition switches will loose power to the PCM during cranking so verify that you have power while cranking. Also stuck fuel injectors is a common first start up problem. What other lights are you wanting to come on when trying to start it?

Quick Reply: Need help to identify connector