Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

True duals/ TA reloc mount?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True duals/ TA reloc mount?

I'm planning on getting a built rear and new torque arm over the winter but I'm worried I might run into clearance issues with my exhaust. I'm gonna be installing either an S60 or MWC 9" and from what I've read almost everyone says to get a relocated mount to take the TA off the tailshaft of the trans (t-56). Anybody with true duals run into issues with fitment? It'll be a long style tq arm since the car is an M6.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:00 AM
Staging Lane

Post up pics of your duals. For example, these are mine:

If I want to do a body mounted torque arm, the entire X-pipe setup is incompatible so I'll need an entirely new exhaust setup from the headers back. I have a 6 speed now as well. When this picture was taken, I didn't, but I do now. When I go to do suspension work next year, I'll be putting the exhaust up for sale or trade.

We need to see pics of your exhaust. Preferably from under a lift so that we get a very clear idea of the kinds of fitment issues we're going to be dealing with. Because they are all custom, every dual setup is different. So we can't offer any help until you post pics.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We have crossmembers designed specifically for the true duals, and can set you up with either a long or short type torque arm. All of our short type configurations also include a driveshaft loop as well. The MWC design allows for the exhaust to be installed in a position that will not hinder ground clearance while clearing the torque arm at the same time. MWC has you covered where the others can not compete!

Last edited by ssvert99; 10-24-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:10 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

My old 99 T/A had true duals that dumped right before the axle and I had no clearance issues using a BMR full length adjustable torque arm along with torque arm relocation crossmember. I know for a fact you could use one of our BMR torque arms and BMR relocation crossmembers without any kind of clearance issues. If you have any questions of if there is anything we can do for you let us know.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the info, I'll have pics from under a lift by next week.

Quick Reply: True duals/ TA reloc mount?