Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glow shift oil filter sandwich??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glow shift oil filter sandwich??

I did some research on here and could not find anything on this topic.
Ive been having some oil pressure issues the past couple months. My oil pressure gauge has been "tweaking" or surging pretty bad. It drops down at idle and bounces from 0-5 psi, according to my tweaking gauge. So I came across this product from glow shift. I know that I can install a mechanical gauge by drilling but this seemed to be a decent product and a easy product to use in the case I want to add another line in the future. I was wondering if anyone else has used this product and had any input. I have heard positive feedback on their other products.
One other thing, I have driven my car the past couple months like this just to and from work and taking it easy. I only work about 5 miles away and when I can I ride my bike. But if I was having oil pressure issues, and after a couple months of driving, wouldn't I hear knocking or lifter issues by now? I want to get a mechanical gauge hooked up to determine if its my factory gauge ( which Ive heard these gauges are notorious for issues or going bad), or if its bearing issues.
Thanks for any advice.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Glow shift aren't very high quality products but this should be a hit or miss type product, either it works or it doesn't. I wouldn't touch their gauges but this could be alright.

If you want something better you could get an Earls, Moroso, VMS, etc.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

I use their adapter plate with an auto meter oil gauge and sender. Been working fine for years.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the advice guys. Like you said jerm, I just want something to give me a quick answer. Which ever the issue is, I will plan my route towards repairs at that time. But for now I want to find the issue.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Go for it man!

Quick Reply: Glow shift oil filter sandwich??