Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Watts link question

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Watts link question

Ok got a problem with the rear moving side to side. I know the bars have to be equal lenght but to center my rear I can only move one side to bring it over and then my rear doesn't stay centered. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong? Maybe I need to angle my propellor more would that make it able to center usin both bars?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm, not really sure what your saying here. The propeller angle should not matter unless it is way, way wrong. You should be able to tighten one and loosen the other to slide it around. You've got the axle at ride height, right?

I'm running and mwc watts link, stock height, center hole and my propeller is basically vertical at ride height. It was a piece of cake to center.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Its centered at ride height but when it's not on a lvl spot the rear moves. Like parked out my girls house the axle is over to the pass side about a half inch. I thought its pose to keep it centered during its traveling?

Quick Reply: Watts link question