What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1997 Z28 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 1997 Z28 Convertible

Hello everyone. I just wanted to get your opinion on what a car is worth. I am looking for best case scenario price as I have not seen the car yet. I posted me 2002 Ford Escape up for barter on CL and someone responded with a 97 Z28 convertible. According to the owner, the car is clean, has a 6 speed, and about 85k miles. What would the car be worth best case scenario for the car? My dad is looking for a fun car that he could either sell easier or maybe have a little fun with.

Thanks for the help,
Zack
Old 10-22-2012, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best case $7,500
Worst case $4,000

This is taking for granted that it has a clean title. It's hard to estimate worst case. You can show up to find a smashed up Geo with a Z28 badge on it. I suppose that would be worst case.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

CL is hardly the place to find a 'best case scenario'. Without even seeing the car or knowing anything about it, I can almost assure you that it will have issues.
A 'best case scenario' in normal circumstances would be a one-owner car that was garaged it's entire life with mostly easy highway or cruising miles. No accidents and a clean title. A maintenance history would be provided and the car would have no needs. If you could actually find a car like this then it could be worth up to $8,000. Since this obviously will NOT be the case, you have to start subtracting for everything from that price point, right down to $2,000 for a car that has a bad title and issues.
Your intentions are certainly very admirable so make sure you don't pull the trigger on a car that will make your Dad's life miserable and expensive, the complete opposite of what you are trying to do. A bad clutch or tranny alone will set your Dad back some serious $$. With CL you better be very careful.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
CL is hardly the place to find a 'best case scenario'. Without even seeing the car or knowing anything about it, I can almost assure you that it will have issues.
A 'best case scenario' in normal circumstances would be a one-owner car that was garaged it's entire life with mostly easy highway or cruising miles. No accidents and a clean title. A maintenance history would be provided and the car would have no needs. If you could actually find a car like this then it could be worth up to $8,000. Since this obviously will NOT be the case, you have to start subtracting for everything from that price point, right down to $2,000 for a car that has a bad title and issues.
Your intentions are certainly very admirable so make sure you don't pull the trigger on a car that will make your Dad's life miserable and expensive, the complete opposite of what you are trying to do. A bad clutch or tranny alone will set your Dad back some serious $$. With CL you better be very careful.
Thanks for the information, I greatly appreciate it. He decided that a convertible was not something he was interested in. We are looking for something we know a lot about, G-Bodies lol. We are probably going to put together a 5.3/Turbo in a Regal. We know all the ins and outs of these things.

Zack
Old 10-24-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
Thanks for the information, I greatly appreciate it. He decided that a convertible was not something he was interested in. We are looking for something we know a lot about, G-Bodies lol. We are probably going to put together a 5.3/Turbo in a Regal. We know all the ins and outs of these things.

Zack
You're welcome! You'll get no argument out of me about a nice G-body I sure love mine.

Quick Reply: 1997 Z28 Convertible