Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

rebuild or ditch rear?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rebuild or ditch rear?

hey i know this has probably been answered before, but here it goes. I have a 2001 camaro ss back in Pa (moved to Idaho for the Air Force) but the rear need rebuilt or tossed for a 9" etc. Im not planning on going to the strip or anything but eventually a head and cam package is in the future. Ive got long tubes, high flow cat, loudmouth, underdrive, and ported throttle body w/ slp intake of course. Ive been looking at rebuild kits and TSPs looks like a decent deal. I really dont have the money to buy a aftermarket rear, but i dont want to waste my money on a rebuild too. If anyone has any suggestions it would greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you dont need a rear right away, which is seems like you dont because you are in Idaho and the car is in PA. I would wait keep looking for a used 9in or a 12bolt and once you find one scoop it up. Thats my plan once my 10bolt dies.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

yeah thats true, im planning on bringing it here after christmas and doing it after or in the spring
Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lss1six
yeah thats true, im planning on bringing it here after christmas and doing it after or in the spring
If you don't plan on launching it at the track it will hold for quite some time.. when you're making descent power with sticky tires is when they start letting go.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rebuild or ditch rear?