LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Getting a new paint job. Couple Questions First

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a new paint job. Couple Questions First

So a tree fell on my Monte last week... Awesome right? Just a couple small dents and a ton of scratches. Anyway I'm getting a new paint job courtesy of the city. She is currently black but I'm thinking of going flat black with gloss emblems and I found some good looking black headlights. The only thing I'm uncertain of is what to do with the tail lights and reverse lights... Also I do plan on starting to save for the Cartuning turbo when tax season comes around. So I was looking at Miller's Monte with the Impala front end for better breathing and I'm considering that too but Im wondering why he got the LTZ and attached the Monte lip himself. Was there a problem with the Impala SS front end? What say you?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Flat black is cool if it is done right.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

If you want your taillights to have a similar flat black look I would suggest your spray tint. I picked it up at the local parts store and I get compliments on it all the time!
Old 10-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Staging Lane

Flat black will begin to look like *** after a couple years. All you can do is wash it. I feel it is a fad that is fading. I would keep it as is and be picky as **** how they cut in on the jams and the fact they have deprisiated the value of your car.

Quick Reply: Getting a new paint job. Couple Questions First