LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

those who are good with hooking up aftermarket ignitions crane?? PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default those who are good with hooking up aftermarket ignitions crane?? PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Okay so I posted many times but cant get a answer. I need help figuring on how to reconnect my crane fireball hi 6 ingition box back up to my 95 lt1. I had a shop disconnect it... Heres what I have... Off the crane ignition box -- theres a red, white, orange, black wire.... Those are the only 4 wires comign off. the red and white look they been cut... And the orange and black looked like the also been cut but they have wires on the end --- --- On my lt1 msd coil... theres 2 harness plugs a grey plug --- which has a yellow wire/ stripes and a pink wire with strips -- that's connected and looks like it goes up to the pcm... The black connector theres nothing attached... theres about a inch of wire that has been cut off --- a pink wire that was spliced into a red wire cut --- and a white wire that was spliced in a white wire that was cut.... Im thinking the red and white wires go to the the red and white.... But the orange and black wires off the crane supposed to be connected according to the crane site... But when I had the car hooked up I remember those two (orange and black where never connected --- Im 99.9% sure I remeber seeing those 2 wires not connected but Im not 100% sure. Do those have to be connected.... I need help getting this fixed. the shop that worked on my car closed down I cant call them or find them... Also one more quested right be the coil where the wires are all grounded together I have a pink wire thats cut and wires exposed on the end... does that connect somethere to the harness also or ground???
Old 10-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...0-%20GM%20Cars

scroll down the link above and download the manual for 1993-1997 lt1 F-body, wiring diagram is on page 6 for a 95. I used this to verify my connections when I bought my car.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rhett954
http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/...0-%20GM%20Cars

scroll down the link above and download the manual for 1993-1997 lt1 F-body, wiring diagram is on page 6 for a 95. I used this to verify my connections when I bought my car.

I did check that site and appreciate it.. but they say connect the two pink wires together to the red ingition and the white wire off the grey plug to the white ignition.. my grey plug dont have a white wire its a yellow stripe... does that connect to the white?????
Old 10-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what model# is your coil, the directions for MSD 8226 don't really seem to helpful....

http://www.msdperformance.com/product.aspx?id=5063

you have to have the orange & black hooked up to your coil, orange to pink and black to yellow I would think.

Print your diagram off and go out to your car and double check every wire.

Quick Reply: those who are good with hooking up aftermarket ignitions crane?? PLEASE PLEASE HELP