Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im over powering my torqe converter and now i have a vibration at or right help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im over powering my torqe converter and now i have a vibration at or right help

i have a 3500 stall in my th400 i was increasing the boost and now i have a vibration at around 2800 to 3500 and kinda goes away up on top. i know its not the engine for sure and rear end. and i just had the tranny rebuilt about 1000 miles ago and i have not had a issue until i upped the boost. im going to do some more looking tomorrow. to see i can figure whats going on. and im almost doubled the hp rating on the torqe converter i had 730 rwhp at 10 psi and now its 27 psi and the converter is only a 800hp rating so could that make the converter unbalanced?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Something could of came apart in the converter causing it to vibrate. Does it do it in park? Did the stall seem to change any right after it did it?

Chris
Old 10-28-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Circle-D
Something could of came apart in the converter causing it to vibrate. Does it do it in park? Did the stall seem to change any right after it did it?

Chris
it does it in park and in gear with the trans brake on at around 2800 rpm. so i know its after the engine and what ever is in the tranny in front of the trans brake. so im thinking 100% its the convereter. i check all of the bolts and made sure the fluid was good and it was all fine. what do you think is wrong with it??

Quick Reply: im over powering my torqe converter and now i have a vibration at or right help