Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2011 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2011 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

I got a referral for this pretty much new 2011 Ferrari Scaglietti to prep the majority of the car for film application. The goal was to get the paint to be wrapped 100% flawless. With under 1500 miles, the car had not been exposed to the elements much, but improper washing had left the paint looking a little rough.

Upon arrival at client's home

Bird dropping that left etching in the clear coat. Compounding would take care of this and remove the etching.

Beautifully finished wheels only needed a light cleaning

The bugs had also left some etching in the paint but was polished away.

Foaming and washing

All clean and ready for claying

Claying done with Optimum No Rinse and Blackfire Poly Clay

With a high level of correction desired, measuring the paint is a must. Healthy readings through out the car

Various swirls, RIDS (random isolated deep scratches), and factory sanding marks...

......factory sand scratches

Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

After compounding the front end with the GG 6" DA with Meguiars MF cutting disc and D300/M101. Final polishing to follow...

Compounding on the hood

.....getting there

A few deep scratches

Hood compounded, fender not done yet.

Compounding the fender

Left side of the emblem compounded, right side yet to be done

A few obligatory interior and engine shots on this amazing machine

Finished pictures were in the garage as the owner had requested it stay indoors.

Thanks for checking it out! Hope you enjoyed!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Looks awesome as usual Jeff.

I work on Camaros.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Looks awesome as usual Jeff.

I work on Camaros.
Thanks Jason!

I'm actually working on a 89 Accord right now.....it just happens to be my girlfriends lol.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

1. Tell us more about this "wrap"

2. Are those ipod earbuds or just hearing protection?
Old 10-29-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GoFast908Z
Thanks Jason!

I'm actually working on a 89 Accord right now.....it just happens to be my girlfriends lol.
It will be the best looking Accord on the west coast I'm sure!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Coppertone
1. Tell us more about this "wrap"

2. Are those ipod earbuds or just hearing protection?
Its a clear film to protect from rock chips

The earbuds are from JVC, about $15 and the best sounding ones I've ever used and fit comfortably (6 sets of custom ear foam tips) and block out a TON of noise. Dr. Dre Beats sound "crisper", but these have more bass and are way cheaper. I've used Sony, Skullcandy, Bose, Beats, Logitech, etc. These are by far the best.

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
It will be the best looking Accord on the west coast I'm sure!
Thanks! She takes very good care of it for not knowing anything about cars. Its starting point is excellent. The finished product should be astonishing.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks! She takes very good care of it for not knowing anything about cars. Its starting point is excellent. The finished product should be astonishing.
I'd be pretty interested in seeing that thread, actually.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WOW...amazing car....amazing job
Old 10-29-2012, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work! That thing has about as much orange peel as f bodies do from the factory lol.

Question, do you use ONR at clay dilution ratio or quick detailer dilution? I've been using it at quick detailer ratio for claying cause I feel like the paint is less prone to marring from the clay.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:47 AM
TECH Addict

Awesome work. I love Ferrari interiors. They amaze me every time. Even the older style cars are styled well and advanced for their time.

I'm sure you can speak on this much better than I can, but it seems that "most" exotic car owners just don't give a crap about their cars. Some cars I see locally are detailed poorly, and the finishes are bleh. I mean, if you have the money for a 'couple hundred thousand dollar' car, why not spend a 'few' hundred every couple months to keep up with it? It's like owning an Enzo Ferrari, but not changing the brakes because it costs $10k to do it. Haha.

Anyways......props on the work. You inspired me to get all the proper equipment to do my own cars after following the massive detailing thread.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Great stuff as usual, Jeff!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Beautiful...... **M101** Been looking for it for a while
Old 10-31-2012, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
Beautiful...... **M101** Been looking for it for a while
Well have no worries and be patient. Meguiars just announced it will be sold here soon. Same formula, same bottle, same branding, same everything. $58/ 32oz which is 30 bucks cheaper than what I paid to have it shipped here. It's definitely worth its weight in gold though.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mrrman
WOW...amazing car....amazing job
Thank you

Originally Posted by dabest09
Nice work! That thing has about as much orange peel as f bodies do from the factory lol.

Question, do you use ONR at clay dilution ratio or quick detailer dilution? I've been using it at quick detailer ratio for claying cause I feel like the paint is less prone to marring from the clay.
Most Ferraris I've worked on have had very little orange peel, but this one definitely needed additional wetsanding. I use ONR at the quick detail dilution. However, once I'm out of ONR I'll be switching to Meguiars Final Inspection for clay lube.

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
Awesome work. I love Ferrari interiors. They amaze me every time. Even the older style cars are styled well and advanced for their time.

I'm sure you can speak on this much better than I can, but it seems that "most" exotic car owners just don't give a crap about their cars. Some cars I see locally are detailed poorly, and the finishes are bleh. I mean, if you have the money for a 'couple hundred thousand dollar' car, why not spend a 'few' hundred every couple months to keep up with it? It's like owning an Enzo Ferrari, but not changing the brakes because it costs $10k to do it. Haha.

Anyways......props on the work. You inspired me to get all the proper equipment to do my own cars after following the massive detailing thread.

Thanks! And I'm glad to hear you were inspired to get so into your own cars, that's exactly why I started that *now* massive thread.

But yes, some owners are like that....others just inherit the problems of careless previous owners and/or dealership detailers hacking things up.

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
Great stuff as usual, Jeff!
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by BadCompany VP WS6
Well have no worries and be patient. Meguiars just announced it will be sold here soon. Same formula, same bottle, same branding, same everything. $58/ 32oz which is 30 bucks cheaper than what I paid to have it shipped here. It's definitely worth its weight in gold though.
^ Truth! I was so excited to see Stoops announce it, though kinda knew it was coming after the NXT class with Jason Rose, Kevin Brown, and Michael Stoops. There is some even cooler stuff coming later as well. I scored the motherload from another detailer and scooped up a gallon for $120 shipped...I'll be set up with the pimp juice for a while. Eager for the shamrock...
Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

holy godzilla ***** thats great work! I wish I had detailing skills like that I'd make so much money in my neighborhood with all the mustangs, camaros, firebirds and vettes around, not to mention the ricers that think their cars look good lol. Seriously tho great work man. How long did it take you to do all of that on the Ferarri?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DjinnWS6
holy godzilla ***** thats great work! I wish I had detailing skills like that I'd make so much money in my neighborhood with all the mustangs, camaros, firebirds and vettes around, not to mention the ricers that think their cars look good lol. Seriously tho great work man. How long did it take you to do all of that on the Ferarri?
Thanks! That is much appreciated. I put 7 hours into this one. Keep in mind though, that was only the bumper, front fenders, hood, and base of doors since they would all be wrapped in film. To do the entire car would have been many more.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm excited to hear about 101 becoming available.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

looks great man, good work!
Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you

Most Ferraris I've worked on have had very little orange peel, but this one definitely needed additional wetsanding. I use ONR at the quick detail dilution. However, once I'm out of ONR I'll be switching to Meguiars Final Inspection for clay lube.

Thanks! And I'm glad to hear you were inspired to get so into your own cars, that's exactly why I started that *now* massive thread.

But yes, some owners are like that....others just inherit the problems of careless previous owners and/or dealership detailers hacking things up.

Thank you sir!

^ Truth! I was so excited to see Stoops announce it, though kinda knew it was coming after the NXT class with Jason Rose, Kevin Brown, and Michael Stoops. There is some even cooler stuff coming later as well. I scored the motherload from another detailer and scooped up a gallon for $120 shipped...I'll be set up with the pimp juice for a while. Eager for the shamrock...
Yeah I was a little late to get in on the C.Hahn deal. Like 15 mins late. I paid a pretty penny to get my quart to me. Definitely worth it.

Quick Reply: 2011 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti