Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worried bout spraying cool weather

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worried bout spraying cool weather

Wow just seen those 2 plugs, one was melted, read on and they were talking bout cooler weather and having to pull more timing,

well i'm going to the track one last time this year been 2.5 months since i went, due to broken trans, the weather is going to be n the mids 60s to bout 70 degrees i'm running 150hp shot my timing is pull down through the tune to 22 degrees, i run 93 with 5 gallons 110 on top when i spray

the reason i'm worried is it was cool the other day and i sprayed it, it had br7ef n it , jets 62/33 new plugs and it peppered them just a little, the jetting was 62/38 which it was tuned for on the dnyo , the jetting change was a revamped from dave's nitrous. Changed the jets back to the 62 /38 no more peppering thought it was just a fuel issue,

now worried bout timing too high as i read that seems to be the key for spraying. I thought with more fuel it was helping keep the cylinders cool , but i think i may be wrong on that thought.

I don't have a way of pulling more timing wondering if i put n a set of ngk b8efs plugs n , if this will give me any insurance aganist messing things up and would it be good idea to put the 33 jet back in for the gas .

Please help

correct any of my misconseptions.

Just learning bout spraying

(next up grade is a timing retard box)
Old 10-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you already have to much timing in your motor all adding fuel will do is mask an overtimed condition, in the cooler air, you will certainly need to pull a few extra degrees to be safe, but you need the proper tools for pulling timing if you are going to continue to spray. Putting a cooler plug in it might pull a little heat out of it but again your just masking another problem. You need to take the proper steps or your dancing with the devil JMO,

Have you pulled plugs after a full pass yet?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 10secZ28
if you already have to much timing in your motor all adding fuel will do is mask an overtimed condition, in the cooler air, you will certainly need to pull a few extra degrees to be safe, but you need the proper tools for pulling timing if you are going to continue to spray. Putting a cooler plug in it might pull a little heat out of it but again your just masking another problem. You need to take the proper steps or your dancing with the devil JMO,

Have you pulled plugs after a full pass yet?
I agree with this 100%.

The only way you can continue to do what you're doing and not pull anymore timing is to run 100% race fuel.

Quick Reply: Worried bout spraying cool weather