Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 t56 swap questions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ls1 t56 swap questions?

Reading a lot of great info on here, thanks to those who been there,done that,makin the job a little easier. Lookin at 2000 corvette t56 parts car for my swap into a 68 chevelle or 67 nova, car looks to be fairly complete with accessories etc. Wanted to get some input on the drive by wire set up, planning on getting the pedal and control box, anything else i need for that?. Also considering doing the abs system as well, any body done this?, what are the components for the system? Any advice on things i should get,wire harness, pcm, are the obvious stuff. I'm sure there are some other stuff that i could use i just am not sure what they are. Also grabbin the brakes & rotors, going to try to get the whole car actually if the price is right.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by chuggy
Reading a lot of great info on here, thanks to those who been there,done that,makin the job a little easier. Lookin at 2000 corvette t56 parts car for my swap into a 68 chevelle or 67 nova, car looks to be fairly complete with accessories etc. Wanted to get some input on the drive by wire set up, planning on getting the pedal and control box, anything else i need for that?. Also considering doing the abs system as well, any body done this?, what are the components for the system? Any advice on things i should get,wire harness, pcm, are the obvious stuff. I'm sure there are some other stuff that i could use i just am not sure what they are. Also grabbin the brakes & rotors, going to try to get the whole car actually if the price is right.
I would get the complete dropout motor with harness, pcm, pedal assembly as you stated. The corvette T56 is not the trans you want unless your planning on running the entire corvette drive train under the chevelle or nova. I would look for an F-body T56 for the easiest swap.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, wasn't sure about it myself. not up to speed on late model c/5 c6 vette's. Are the transmissions rear mounted in these? assuming the 4spd auto is the same? What exactly makes it NOT a good choice for a swap car? Couldn't it be changed back to engine mating style with a different bellhousing? I am a pretty good fabricator but i don't want to reinvent the wheel either.

Quick Reply: ls1 t56 swap questions?