Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At what point is the stock cam a problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default At what point is the stock cam a problem?

How big of a shot have you guy put on a stock cam. I guess what I am asking is there a point when the stock cam cannot flow any more? is 200 hit the most, and everthing after that is a waste or no gain at all? Looking for some feed back from you guys. Maybe the heads are the hold up? What do you guys think?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is what I think...you can spray as much as you want on any cam and see results and go much faster than you could by not spraying, or by using a smaller jet.

There are gains to be made with an aftermarket cam and using nitrous over a stock cam no doubt about it at any amount of jet because the aftermarket cam is going to make more power than the stock cam will.

Now is there a point where a stock or aftermarket cam becomes less efficient than a cam specifically tailored for a large shot of nitrous...yes. I don't think you'll ever be able to reach that point on a stock bottom end unless you're crazy like me and plan on spraying 300hp+ through one.

At that point, a cam specifically tailored for 300+ jet is worth power over a cam that isn't.

If I were going to spec something out for your car it would be very similar if not identical to my Street Heat Stage 2 cam which is 231/238 .617"/.585" 113+3 or my other Street Heat Stage 2 cam which is 234/240 .612"/.588" 113+4.

Quick Reply: At what point is the stock cam a problem?