Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spring rate and dealer advice

Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default spring rate and dealer advice

so i just purchased a front and rear set of qa1 coilovers and need some differant springs up front for them.. i have a pretty much stock weight{ has tubular front k memeber and control arms and a vfn hood } and wondering what everyone feels is a good spring rate was thinking 300 or 325... also who is a good vender for them and a pair of the thrust bearings?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

We suggest the 300lb springs to street/strip LS1 guys. A 325 is marginal on an LT1 by the slight weight difference. The other option would be to use a set of our adapters that will allow you to use your factory springs and still adjust ride height. the choice is up to you. If you're looking for the best benefit at the track I would say a 300lb spring would work nicely on your LT1.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

Do you guys sell the qa1 springs and bearing plates?
Old 11-05-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

So would that be a descent combo then..: I just opened up my package and right now the front coil overs are 225 so ill swap them for 300 springs.... The rear coil overs are 130 springs .... Will those work ok?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spcearle
Do you guys sell the qa1 springs and bearing plates?
We sell the springs and could sell the bearing plates, we just need to add it to our system. Let me know if you're interested and we can get them ordered for you.

Originally Posted by spcearle
So would that be a descent combo then..: I just opened up my package and right now the front coil overs are 225 so ill swap them for 300 springs.... The rear coil overs are 130 springs .... Will those work ok?
I think it would be a decent combo. A 225 is outrageously soft for these cars up front. Where did you buy them from originally? I'm not a fan of coilovers on the F-body for the rear...but that rate is around the factory spring rate. We suggest firmer rear rates and many of our customers actually run our rear lowering springs with great success. However, you shouldn't have any problems with them.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spring rate and dealer advice