Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e tcc

Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e tcc

Where can I find a tcc solenoid at for an 02 z28 a4? What is the difference between a tcc solenoid and a pwm? wtf is a pwm? I feel like such a noob when its comes to trans, so go ahead let me have it. I just have to ask. I tried researching but with the little time I have, maybe somebody can point me in the right direction. Sorry guys if im asking a dumba** question.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TCC stands for Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid. PWM stands for Pulse Width Modulation. The TCC PWM solenoid is the actual name for it, so there is no difference. What you are looking for is a torque converter clutch pulse width modulation solenoid, or TCC PWM solenoid. I don't know where you are located, but we have several transmission shops around my area that stock that part. If you don't know of any transmission parts houses around your area, I would just get it from the dealer. It may be a bit more expensive, but at least you will know that it is the right part.

James
Old 11-03-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 388 Likes on 297 Posts

There actually are two TCC solenoids. The primary or "Lockup" solenoid is part of the wiring harness and fits into the case/pump area. Immediately next to it is the TCC "Feel" or "PWM" solenoid that fits into the valve body.
As far as I know, these solenoids are the same from 1996 through at least 2010. As TypeSL2 mentions, any trans shop should carry them. Generally trans shops get parts from distributors like Transtar and many of these parts are "aftermarket". They carry a replacement TCC lockup solenoid that you can splice into the internal harness if you don't want to buy a new harness.

The wiring harness with lockup TCC TCC solenoid, just the splice-in Lockup solenoid and the TCC PWM solenoid can be ordered from this page:
http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...ids_s/5561.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4l60e tcc