PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I dyno pre-frost-tune?

Old 11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Should I dyno pre-frost-tune?

So I shipped out my PCM to Frost on Wednesday and I'm expecting it back any day now. I was planning on heading to a local dyno to get some hp and a/f numbers. Right now I have a 2000 M6 SS and just got done with lid, ported tb & maf, ls6 intake, 799 heads with comp 918 springs, trickflow 7.425" pushrods, ls6 op, new tc, tsp 228r on a 114 lsa, !air, !egr, flp longtubes, catted y, slp dual/dual. It runs pretty strong right now but does have some idling problems and starting issues sometimes. I bought an extra PCM to send to frost so there would be no down time with my car (its my dd). So I was thinking it would be fun to do a pull on the dyno pre-tune and then swap pcms for another run so I can see the difference in the tune. I'm wondering if it's a terrible idea to try and dyno untunned with my mods. Right now while driving I always keep it under 4k rpms until I get it tuned. I've driven it about 400 miles now untunned. So would it be safe to do just one pull untunned?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not do an un-tuned pull or condone and heavy-throttle driving until you get your timing and AFR's in line. Head/cam swaps have a high likely hood of running lean untuned.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I dyno pre-frost-tune?