Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

God damn it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default God damn it...

I really hate losing.

I kind of have to expect it sometimes with my bone stock 02 Formula, but still.. I hate it. I always regret bringing it out instead of my Z06 for **** like this.

I was driving over to my parents house today. Completely minding my own business. It was mid 40's outside. Cold as ****. I was thinking about the sheet pizza I ordered last night and the wings that were there waiting for me (I'm house sitting... Watching the dog). So, its cold as ****, I'm tired because I didnt want to wake up (it was noon, but hop off... I like to sleep in longer on the weekends), and hungry. Nothing good was on the radio. I have my choices between commercials and that ******* weird asian song "super condom style" or whatever the hell he's singing about. So, I turn the radio off...

What else could make me mad?

How about a GT500 merging onto the highway from the onramp. Yeah. Awesome.

I should have learned my lesson last time I came across a mustang that I knew prior to racing thats just way out of my league. DONT DO IT! You'll only be pissed off. even more.

So, this GT500 is behind me now. It looks nice, but I know what this guy is up to. He's out to get me. Sure as ****, this guy pulls up next to me and I'm thinking.. WHY couldnt I have just brought the Z06 out today?!?!? No jet engine noise this time, but that still doesnt mean this thing isnt making a **** ton of power stock than I am.

I give him a wave.. look over... And I just keep thinking. ****. I'm about to be grabbing ankles again.

At least it wasnt a new GT500. It was the older style, pre 2011 I think.. And its not that loud. I kind of think its stock..

But being my car is a GM, and has shitty window motors... I cant roll down my window to really get a good idea about what it has. If I try to roll my window down, Its a bitch to get back up. Its on my "to-do" list over the winter.

I just say **** it.. Dont let this guy beep (what the **** does he need a fair start for? He's going to hawk me down anyways!). So, I get a head start. Sure as ****, just like I expected, this guy is at my door and walking past me seconds later.

He wants round 2. He beeps once.. And I'm off. **** waiting. I didnt let him get to the other 2 beeps. What do you need beeps for!! Here comes GT500 guy.... Walking past me again with absolutely no trouble at all!!! Not like I was expecting any different of an outcome either.

I give the guy a thumbs up.

I hate losing. HATE it. This wasnt just losing, but more like getting bent over.

I get over to my parents house and start chowing down on the pizza and wings.... Stupid stock fbodies. Cant wait for the H/C/I/n2o setup from the Z06 to make its way over to my Formula this winter.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

I feel your pain. I've been torn a new one by one of those too lol.

Sucks when you have a fast car and you aren't in it to race who you need to!

The formy should be healthy though once you swap the setup from the C5Z.

And "super condom style" hahaha, thank you for making my night. I thought it was something like that when I first heard it as well.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
I really hate losing.

I kind of have to expect it sometimes with my bone stock 02 Formula, but still.. I hate it. I always regret bringing it out instead of my Z06 for **** like this.

I was driving over to my parents house today. Completely minding my own business. It was mid 40's outside. Cold as ****. I was thinking about the sheet pizza I ordered last night and the wings that were there waiting for me (I'm house sitting... Watching the dog). So, its cold as ****, I'm tired because I didnt want to wake up (it was noon, but hop off... I like to sleep in longer on the weekends), and hungry. Nothing good was on the radio. I have my choices between commercials and that ******* weird asian song "super condom style" or whatever the hell he's singing about. So, I turn the radio off...

What else could make me mad?

How about a GT500 merging onto the highway from the onramp. Yeah. Awesome.

I should have learned my lesson last time I came across a mustang that I knew prior to racing thats just way out of my league. DONT DO IT! You'll only be pissed off. even more.

So, this GT500 is behind me now. It looks nice, but I know what this guy is up to. He's out to get me. Sure as ****, this guy pulls up next to me and I'm thinking.. WHY couldnt I have just brought the Z06 out today?!?!? No jet engine noise this time, but that still doesnt mean this thing isnt making a **** ton of power stock than I am.

I give him a wave.. look over... And I just keep thinking. ****. I'm about to be grabbing ankles again.

At least it wasnt a new GT500. It was the older style, pre 2011 I think.. And its not that loud. I kind of think its stock..

But being my car is a GM, and has shitty window motors... I cant roll down my window to really get a good idea about what it has. If I try to roll my window down, Its a bitch to get back up. Its on my "to-do" list over the winter.

I just say **** it.. Dont let this guy beep (what the **** does he need a fair start for? He's going to hawk me down anyways!). So, I get a head start. Sure as ****, just like I expected, this guy is at my door and walking past me seconds later.

He wants round 2. He beeps once.. And I'm off. **** waiting. I didnt let him get to the other 2 beeps. What do you need beeps for!! Here comes GT500 guy.... Walking past me again with absolutely no trouble at all!!! Not like I was expecting any different of an outcome either.

I give the guy a thumbs up.

I hate losing. HATE it. This wasnt just losing, but more like getting bent over.

I get over to my parents house and start chowing down on the pizza and wings.... Stupid stock fbodies. Cant wait for the H/C/I/n2o setup from the Z06 to make its way over to my Formula this winter.
Lol I HATE when people go on 1 beep or just take off.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Lol I HATE when people go on 1 beep or just take off.
If I was in my Z06 I wouldnt have done it. But I needed all the help I could get! lol
Old 11-05-2012, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Cool Story Brah!

LoL, seriously though, good death...even though you cheated
Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

LMAO!! I was rolling reading that.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Haha..good death. What's funny is I have had people try race me when I am in the juke. From camaro, you name it imports 370z, Turbo Honda's, etc etc, mustangs. One Guy in a GT500 thought he was cool kept getting on it and crap. I finally rolled down my window and asked he wanted to race my other car. He was like don't matter. I said OK I live 3 roads up meet me at sonic. I showed up with my car he changed his mine said he heard I made xxx power and it wouldn't be fair..haha
Old 11-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Ohio funny that i have done the same thing in my G8 GXP.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

U need some boltons on your DD just to minimize situations like this :-D
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

I know the feeling. I had some douche in an older jacked up Z71 pass me in my 01 4.8 pos Silverado. His girlfriend just waved "bye" as they blew past me. I didn't even try to take him, but these guys never do that **** while i'm in my car.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol good reading. Not to many posts on this forum make me laugh
Old 11-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Great story...Made my day with the infamous power wdo motors...Could of been worse...Dodge Diesel could of left you in a black cloud...And by the way...educate us Texans..What the hell is a sheet pizza? Go Bills..
Old 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

That's the problem with having fast cars and slow cars.
Everytime you're in your fast car no one wants to race.
Soon as you get in your slow one everyone comes out to play.

Ask me how I know. I have all these douchebags try to pick on my srt10 but won't even look over in my 5th gen.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TEXASLESS
Great story...Made my day with the infamous power wdo motors...Could of been worse...Dodge Diesel could of left you in a black cloud...And by the way...educate us Texans..What the hell is a sheet pizza? Go Bills..
+1 I'm in for the answer lol
Old 11-05-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

LOL It happens.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Teching In

I LOL'd all the way through. Would read again.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
If I was in my Z06 I wouldnt have done it. But I needed all the help I could get! lol
Times like that, the GT500 guy should have signaled you to take the hit. When you know a car is way out of its league like that, like most of us here I like to let them have the hit. Makes it better when we go sailing by them like they are using cruise control.

Sheet pizza is a square pizza aka Sheet. The places I know that used to serve them in Cali would make them in mondo sizes like 3'x2' or 2'x2'. Great for a party, but the quality is exactly what you would expect when you get Costco sized pizzas for Walmart prices...
Old 11-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
I LOL'd all the way through. Would read again.

+1 that was a funny read.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Staging Lane

Second on my personal annoyance list is when cars try to race you that are not what they appear. V6 mustangs, imports with intercoolers but no turbo's, or todays version a 20 something blonde trying to race me in her new 4 cylinder Honda Civic hatch.

Or this race yesterday, where a Audi A8 was behind me after whipping through traffic to catch up to me. Then road my *** and wouldn't get beside me, even when I changed lanes until we got to a red light. I could have sworn it was a R8 due to the LED headlights and wavy line LED running lights. After I turned off onto the highway offramp I saw it was only a A8. $100,000 car, but not fast.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 11-05-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

Haha good read...I thought that song was saying the same thing the first time I heard it!

I'll be in the same boat next spring...I just bought a stock (except CB) WS6 that's slow as ***** compared to my HCI GTO. I'm sure I'll be caught out a few times w/ the "slow" car until I have time to mod it up.

Almost time to put the toys away here in Upstate NY...get the runs in while you can.

Quick Reply: God damn it...