Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a 40 ft nitrous purge at the track, how to do that?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 02:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw a 40 ft nitrous purge at the track, how to do that?

Normally im not overly impressed by something like a purge more than a long smokey burnout, nice to watch yes, purpose? none.

But there was some 8 second nitrous car at that the track, thats purge was audible from 500 ft away, and sent a plume of nitrous up approx 40 ft in the air in one giant stream. You could probably see it from behind a two story building it was so big.

And you wanna talk about a whole crowd go "holy crap" at once. Now thats the kind of attention getter i could go for.

Does anyone have a clue how to get these kind of results out of building your own purge kit? any secrets or tips to this?

One huge long stream of nitrous that isnt broad/wide, just 40 ft tall.

I have a 6an line feeding my system, and wouldnt mind running a pro race solenoid or something for the purge, leading to a open 6an line or something mounted as a purge if this will do the trick.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Resident

lots of pressure and big line ... could depend on the weather too... nice and cold out extra moist air u will see more nitrous condinsing the air... about the only couple things I could think of to do that... add a extra 10lb bottle its own 6an line/noid just for a crowd pleasing N20 purge
Old 04-12-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

6AN line, and a very big purge selinoid. Probley uses the plastic hoses for the purge as well, instead of the thin metal tube that comes with most kits. A hot bottle helps too. Some say its a waste of nitrous, but for alot of the big bad *** cars, going through 10-12 bottles in a weekend is nothing.