Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

4 link guys come in......

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question 4 link guys come in......

Im pretty much tire of the torque arm and pretty much think its a big pain the a#@. I would like to do a 4 link set up and just eliminate the torque rm all together. If you guys ahve and advise or pictures of your set ups that'd be great. Thanks for all the help
Old 11-07-2012, 10:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What problems are you having with your torque arm? I think that the 1.1X 60fts people are busting out on them has proven that there is no need or real benefit to eliminating the torque arm. There are certainly circumstances where there are benefits to a four-link setup on radical combos, but in my honest opinion, it's more trouble than it's worth on these cars. You'll need to create a reinforced mounting system for the upper links and properly adjust geometry based on these mounting locations and arm lengths.

Or, you can just run an off the shelf torque arm that works on everything from a street car to an X275 car or Outlaw Drag Radial.

If you can describe your problems, I should be able to walk you through rectifying them on your Trans Am.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess my problem with it is, its probably to weak. I have a converted 8.8 now and it just doesn't seem to keep everything planted like it should. I also have a noise on the left side which I don't know if it cause from the torque arm or not. It seems like something is hoping or something. Maybe the coil spring isn't seated right or something. But whatever is going on is all on the passenger side. I have looked at everything just can't see if the coils seated right in the pocket it sits in. Or maybe its a bushing since I put subframe connectors on.

Quick Reply: 4 link guys come in......