What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Sell whole or go forth with project? T/A value question

Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sell whole or go forth with project? T/A value question

I have a 1998 T/A automatic with ~160k miles.

I parked it for now as I bought a more fuel efficient car for the next 2 years I have left of college as I commute a LOT and it will "pay for itself" over driving the T/A.

Anyways on to the question. I have an engine swap in mind that does involves no longer having the LS1 so I would drop it if I go forth with the swap EVENTUALLY as for now $ is tight. I'm starting to wonder if I should just sell it, and buy say '93-'95 T/A (to avoid emissions due to crazy engine swap choice that isn't stock, or would it not matter as far as emissions?) down the road later when I'm ready financially and make it look like an '98-'02 T/A?

What is an bottom dollar realistic amount I should easily be able to get if I decide to sell it whole as that is the deciding fact as if I'm going to take a loss I'll just keep it and sell the engine/transmission and do the engine swap once I'm ready.

Details on it again:
1998 T/A automatic
Interior has usual rips in the seats, cracks in dash, and etc. wear.
Exterior paint is alright. Has WS9 U.S. Exotics ram air hood, but cheaply painted white to match so it looks rough. Passenger side ground effect is missing (I have a matching white one, but not installed) and has damage to the rocker from previous owner going into a ditch or something. One tire is flat. Other typical wear on the exterior.
Engine/transmission shift and run fine as it was my daily driver, but does have 160k miles.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well from your description, I would say you could get between $2800 and $3200 pretty easily.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rudy99Firechicken
Well from your description, I would say you could get between $2800 and $3200 pretty easily.
That sucks. I might as well keep with the project idea and drop the engine/transmission to sell it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sell whole or go forth with project? T/A value question