Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Finding 98-00 or 00-02 WS6 Rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finding 98-00 or 00-02 WS6 Rims

So is no one making 17" WS6 rims new anymore?

I have found one site but it seems kind of shady. They offer painted, polished, & chrome and the prices are a really high per rim.

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/PONTIAC/FIREBIRD/1998/

My car has 98 style chrome WS6 wheels but I am looking for 4 more that I can paint black. I'd rather not sand these down due to the fact they are in nearly perfect shape (no pealing, no rash). Anybody found a remanufacturer making these wheels?

If so, please post.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your wheels are just polished and clear coated. Im running the same wheels. As far as finding new, most likely wont happen, but keep an eye on the classified section here, Im sure a set will pop up.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
Your wheels are just polished and clear coated. Im running the same wheels. As far as finding new, most likely wont happen, but keep an eye on the classified section here, Im sure a set will pop up.
Actually, my rims are chrome. The polished factory WS6 wheels were replaced by the previous owner. The picture in my signature makes them look polished but they are indeed chrome and not polished. I won't take offense at your assumption that I don't know the difference between polished and chrome.

I don't really want to buy used. I've tried that route and the wheels are never straight and true. I'd rather buy new or refurbished if possible.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can you post some pics of your chrome WS6 wheels?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FirebirdTransAm
Actually, my rims are chrome. The polished factory WS6 wheels were replaced by the previous owner. The picture in my signature makes them look polished but they are indeed chrome and not polished. I won't take offense at your assumption that I don't know the difference between polished and chrome.

I don't really want to buy used. I've tried that route and the wheels are never straight and true. I'd rather buy new or refurbished if possible.
I apologize lol. I dont know how many threads Ive read on here referring to these wheels being chrome.

I think Wheels America has some, cant say if they are refurbished or not, but at 400+ a wheel (dont think thats chrome), I dont think its worth it.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Midwestwheelandtire.com sells them for about $300 a wheel. They are located in Michigan.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Originally Posted by TORK?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I can help with this request.

I did the same thing as the original owner of the OP's car, I put chrome reproduction WS6 wheels in place of my factory polished WS6 wheels on my old '00 car. A keen eye can usually tell the difference between the two types of finish (chrome vs polished) in pictures when they are clean.

These were reproduced to the same specs as the factory WS6 wheels (17x9", 50mm backspace), other than being chrome. I bought them from a place called AAA rims about 10 years ago, I don't think they sell these any longer:

Old 11-11-2012, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TORK?

Not the greatest clarity pics but they are chrome.

Quick Reply: Finding 98-00 or 00-02 WS6 Rims