Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clean/Powdercoat Nos Fogger Nozzles? Noob/Maybe really stupid question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clean/Powdercoat Nos Fogger Nozzles? Noob/Maybe really stupid question

So I bought a direct port kit on an LS6 intake, they are Nos Fogger Nozzles but look a little old. I wanted to clean them up and possibly paint or powdercoat them. Is that even possible or will it destroy the nozzle. Is there a place I can send them to have it done? Thanks.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can have the nozzles re powder coated but they will have to be cleaned first but if it is a reputable powder coating place, they should be able to handle that. You will also want to make sure that they cover all of the holes so that the powder doesn't get into them.

Trey
Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

annodizing them I would think is an option too, they should be aluminum
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nozzles are usually anodized not powder coated. Personally i would advise against powder coating them since it is such a thick coating. If the threads got powder coated you would probably not be able to put those nozzles back into the direct port. That thread pitch is extremely small and powder coating would probably make the threads almost non existent. The powder coated could possibly powder coat just the top of the nozzles but you night show spots near the threads that didn't get powder coated.

Something else to think about is if you remove the nozzles from that intake manifold you can run the risk of messing up the threads while removing or installing the nozzles.

Quick Reply: Clean/Powdercoat Nos Fogger Nozzles? Noob/Maybe really stupid question