Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI 274500 kit

Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCI 274500 kit

i recently pulled my trinity kit out and rebuilt the whole transmission. i went with everything the best again and installed the 274500 tci RMVB kit. i recieved the kit and installed it with seperator plate to case gasket and when it came time to run it the thing was locked in 1st gear only. i removed valve body and pulled gasket out and installed just how the kit came and had same symptom, i then pulled valvebody and installed case gasket and valve body to seperator plate gasket and still had locked in 1st, i then removed the transmission to double check everything and keep in mind this is far from the first transmission i ever have done. i then went completely back through it to verify clearances and actually had my friend which has done his fair share of transmissions alongside to double check me again. rotating mass internal wise the tranmission checks out 100%. so i sent valvebody to tci for repair and they claimed it was due to a gasket that i installed on the valvebody to seperator plate, i clearly explained that i tried with and without gaskets and had all same symptom. but i recieved the valvebody and installed the way it is "supposed to be" and now i have 1st 2nd and 3rd but no fourth and still no reverse, and yes this is the kit you need to engage brake noids in N or R in order to achieve reverse. i have pressure checked everything on the case with valvebody off and band does apply and all other clutch packs apply from case side. whats amazing is how their repair this time made me achieve 2 more gears, i am lost for what to do and dont have the patience or time to **** with removing and isntalling 3 more times which is just enough time for my warranty to run out on valvebody and for me to waste all money on transmission fluid..274500 valve body still not working. i recently had my valvebody returned by you guys and i still have no reverse. i ordered it and installed it only to find out i had only 1st gear and was locked in 1st. i shipped it back for repair and now recieved it back after hearing that it was due to a gasket installed by me on the valve body, which i installed that after i had locked in 1st. so i recently got it back from repair and now has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but remains not to have 4th gear or reverse.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tci 274500

We have been working on a TCI 274500 RPFMVB for the past three weeks sent it back. We have tried different cases same issues . Hopefully they will resolve the problem. The only reason we went with the TCI 274500 RPFMVB is because we have some customers asking for reverse pattern. Thank God I had a patient, understanding customer. So back to the Carl Rosller trans breaks. We never had any issues with them, but you do have to purchase their deep pan. They work great!

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

Web: www.maddogtransmissions.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/maddogtransmissions
Twitter: www.twitter.com/maddoglou
YouTube: www.youtube.com/maddogtransmissions
Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

ya i have been dealing with this for approx 2 months. i think my warranty will run out before they offer a refund, but if they pull that **** i will for sure turn in a labor claim and either way get what i need to reimburse myself. its rediculous
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

installed jakes performance manual low kit with thier box and HANDS DOWN the best functioning ALSO their email tech support seemed to be 24/7. i will definietly use these guys again not only for the great products but out of everyone out there they definietely know that it takes after hours tech support to make a business last. these guys are there for the long haul and i hope they expand more in parts to offer
Old 12-13-2012, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had many TCI products try to make me look bad.... Had to reverse engineer that same valve body and reroute a few passages to make it work. The fluid passages are backwards. Dont remember all of the details except it was the last TCI product I ever ordered...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TCI 274500 kit