Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Continental ExtremeContact DWS 50K mile tire questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continental ExtremeContact DWS 50K mile tire questions

Has anyone ran these tires? I currently have Nexen N3000 275/40r17 up front and Nitto Invo 295/35r18 out back. I have 7000 miles on them and my rear tires are already halfway gone. I'm thinking about getting the 50k mile continentals next time around as they are the same price as the much lower mile tires. I don't care about launch grip, just wet grip, as this car is a pure DD. I have other cars for racing. I just need something comfortable on the streets that lasts a long time, and this seems like the only tire of its kind in the proper sizes from my c5z wheels. Any reviews from you guys?
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I read and heard nothing but good things about these tires when I was looking a couple months back. I waited while they were back ordered for several weeks, but after all that time there was still no ETA and I couldn't wait any longer so I had to get something else. I really wanted them... and that 50k mile warranty lol.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:05 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

These are one of our best selling all seasons. You will loose some dry performance but will have better tread life. You will not see 50k out of a RWD where you can not rotate the tires.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

My buddy runs them an enjoys them. Says they are good enough. Obviously there are better tires - but the price point is good
Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ghostintheshell
My buddy runs them an enjoys them. Says they are good enough. Obviously there are better tires - but the price point is good
Better performance, sure. My current Nittos outperform them. But is there really a higher mileage tire available for c5 wheel sizes? I think I'm gonna go with these soon. They are the only high mileage matching set of tires in this size that I know of. Car is DD ONLY so I just don't care about performance during my 4 day per week 80 mile highway/interstate commute.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Not sure about the DWS, but Iive been running a pair of the DW for 2 years now (~30k miles so far, they look look like they have about another 15k left if I had to guess) they've been a great DD tire, especially for $160/each.. You wont be sacrificing as much dry perfromance as you will with the DWS. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Continental ExtremeContact DWS 50K mile tire questions