Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Got my new shift knob!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got my new shift ****!!

Got my packages in today. One consisted of the awesome satin aluminum shift **** for sickspeed. I have been looking for a satin shift **** with the engraved 6 speed pattern forever! So I snagged this up as soon as i saw it. It looks very nice and is slightly heavier than the stock leather hurst. And in the other box was the neat plaque roger neace at emblempros made for me to cover up the shift pattern on the console to do away with the annoying redundancy. Looks nicer on the **** IMO. Thanks to both for great products!

Pics

Old 11-16-2012, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good id fill in the numbers and shift pattern in black and paint the r in red would look hot
Old 11-16-2012, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks great!!
Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club

where did you order it from? Looks good!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks real good OP. I also like the fill in of the factory shift pattern on the console also. May have to that to mine as well later on down the road once I have a motor built and run the HP numbers on it.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Matt..I got the **** from sickspeed.com but you have to order from their eBay page and the plaque I got from emblempros.

White..thanks! I've never liked the pattern on the console ..looks cheap. much nicer on the **** imo.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mean_greenZ
Matt..I got the **** from sickspeed.com but you have to order from their eBay page and the plaque I got from emblempros.

White..thanks! I've never liked the pattern on the console ..looks cheap. much nicer on the **** imo.
Yeah I gotcha and understand. I feel the same way about it but haven't got a set big enough to try and hack at them just to remove something that simple that could be took care of with something like you've done with yours.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 9WhiteCamaro9
Yeah I gotcha and understand. I feel the same way about it but haven't got a set big enough to try and hack at them just to remove something that simple that could be took care of with something like you've done with yours.
Funny you say that.. I actually tried to remove it by prying on a corner of it with a razor blade. Needless to say I broke the corner off. But the emblem covers it up enough to where it's not really noticeable. Whatever they glue those things on with is a force to be reckoned with!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

That looks great, I'll be in the market for a new shift **** soon and might consider this one.

-side note is there somewhere I can search to see what number my 02 Firehawk is? or can someone PM me how to find this by vin# - Thanks

quick google search helped me a little

http://www.firehawk.org/article/2747.html

Last edited by DjinnWS6; 11-18-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: found a firehawk # locator
Old 11-18-2012, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great very simple and nice!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DjinnWS6
That looks great, I'll be in the market for a new shift **** soon and might consider this one.

-side note is there somewhere I can search to see what number my 02 Firehawk is? or can someone PM me how to find this by vin# - Thanks

quick google search helped me a little

http://www.firehawk.org/article/2747.html
Call slp and give them the last 8 of your vin and they will tell you the number and all slp options it came with.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Addict

where do you live?

I had a similar shift **** in my car, and on sunny days I couldn't touch it. I had to keep a rag in my car to put over it.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
where do you live?

I had a similar shift **** in my car, and on sunny days I couldn't touch it. I had to keep a rag in my car to put over it.
I live in SC. I only drive it a couple days a week now so the hot/cold thing doesn't bother me. Besides I've had an mba **** in my other car for 6 years.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by mean_greenZ
Funny you say that.. I actually tried to remove it by prying on a corner of it with a razor blade. Needless to say I broke the corner off. But the emblem covers it up enough to where it's not really noticeable. Whatever they glue those things on with is a force to be reckoned with!
I always thought they were molded into the center console? Maybe I was wrong then but I could have swore someone on here at one point in time said they were made into the console. Oh well, I've been wrong before but before I go and start tearing down the center console, I'll go this route and have them make up one like this just to cover it up with.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
where do you live?

Try a newborn sock

Quick Reply: Got my new shift knob!!