Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new guy here

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here

hi,
everyone i joined this forum to gather some info on LS engines as they seem to be a real popular swap for hotrods and well almost everything these days.

I own a 64 chevy II nova 4 door gasser. I just finished the build about a week ago. well i should say i just started driving it a week ago is it really ever finished lol.

anyway the car has a rebuilt 307 from a 68 chevelle 200hp and has only about 5 miles on it that i put on. Anyway it is backed by a t5 from an 86 firebird. I really like the setup it is a great setup for the street and moves the little car fairly quick but its not enough for me i plan to occasionally drag race this car. So my first thoughts are i need some power in there. Today i came across someone who is selling a 6.0L from a 2003 silverado ss with 140,000km on it. he wants $600 for it. not sure if this is a good deal or not but i will be putting a carb on it so i would assume alot of the engine that im paying for is not needed. So i though id post here and try and get some answers to make this swap a little easier. I am also concerned weather the t5 will hold up probly not. i really lik it shifts smooth and would like to stay stick.

I have lots of questions and hope you guys have the answers thanks!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking to do something like this test 1 is the results i am looking for. seems fairly costly unless i can source the parts used

Quick Reply: new guy here