Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Multiple combo options...need advice..Long post

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple combo options...need advice..Long post

Ok guys, I ran across a deal on a 6.0 that I couldn't pass up. The engine is going in my 86' Buick T Type. The only certainty is the car will weigh around 3600 with driver and the 3.42 rear end.

The end result I would like is to turbo charge it since the car already has an IC and Alky Injection from the V6 setup, however $'s may not allow that yet.

What I bought was a LQ4 dish piston motor with a set of 243's, MS3 cam, ARP rod and head bolts. It made 360 to the tires in the previous car thru and M6 in it's current configuration. BUT, I got a set of LQ9 Rods and pistons that I could throw in it and make more compression and probably get around 400 RWHP.

I also got a cam shaft that was used in a pro charged car I could put in that may work better for boost with the turbo. Not sure If I should retain the 243 heads or switch to a set of 317's (which I have) for boost.

So basically I have a ton of options. I thought about just putting it in the car as is, and maybe put a 100 shot or so on it for now. Should run decent.

What would you do?

Thanks for any insight
Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Def go with the flat tops.

You can either keep the ms3 and enjoy it for what it is until you get the money, but you will have to swap cams again. On the flip side, youre gonna have it apart again one way or another so thats a toss...

As for the heads, same deal as above. The 243s are probably marginally better, but in the long run the 317 would be what youre gonna want.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:37 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, you think I should run the flat tops even if I boost it?

Quick Reply: Multiple combo options...need advice..Long post