Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Help.. Wire Mod..

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help.. Wire Mod..

I was doing the wire mod i was disconnecting the harness and i also unplugged the one that runs dwn to the one behinde the wheel and disclipped it when i tryed pulling it up i couldnt, it feel like theres another clip half way maybe around the header or a lil bit lower any way to disconnect this one or am i doing something wrong???? 99 camaro z28
Old 11-20-2012, 02:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah that was the one clip that was holding me up too. at a certain point I gave up trying to reach in there to unclip it. I got my metal yard-stick, and slid it down the wheel well to the clip, and using a hammer gave it a quick wack and broke the clip. Once that was off it was smooth sailing from there. Even without that clip it stays in place just fine.

no one seemed to mention that clip in any of the write-ups/threads I saw, so I'm not sure what most people do about it.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question about the wire mod. i want to do it because it looks sooooo much better under the hood, but im apprehensive. Im worried that water will spray up and short the wires or something. I know you need to thoroughly protect them. Have either of you had a problem with it or know someone that has had a problem?
Old 11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KingPin1094
I have a question about the wire mod. i want to do it because it looks sooooo much better under the hood, but im apprehensive. Im worried that water will spray up and short the wires or something. I know you need to thoroughly protect them. Have either of you had a problem with it or know someone that has had a problem?
I just did the mod two days ago along with the fuel line relocation. I used some split loom tubing and tucked it up behind the wheel well cover. With a good wrap of electrical tape and a couple zip ties and some zip tie bases I think you can securely place them behind the well cover were they wont be as likely to get wet. With the split loom tubing covered with a good layer of electrical tape I would think it would be fine.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The connectors are safely tucked up behind the inner fender, not much is going to splash onto them. Not to mention they're not exactly in a weather resistant place to begin with. Car washes and rain always flow water over the wheel wells. And they're weather pack connectors, no bare terminals exposed.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright thanks for the info guys gonna start doing this and the TCS relocation soon. I was gonna do the evap relocation, but instead im gonna get fuel rail covers to hide that stuff. Should have my engine bay looking real clean in a month.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

I did this and the tcs relocation. Was a p.i.t.a as it fought me the entire time. Now I have a code for the cooling fans. No fuses blown, all connectors seem to be in fine so I hope I didn't mess up something with the pcm on reinstall even though it all runs fine other wise.

Quick Reply: Help.. Wire Mod..