Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawaii/Alaska Guys-Vendor w/best Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 12:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Hawaii/Alaska Guys-Vendor w/best Shipping

I'm tired of getting ripped on shipping costs to Hawaii. My recent order, all 9 pounds of it, cost me $38. Instead of raising hell w/ the vendor, I've decided to just not buy anything from him anymore.

So, all you guys not in the contiguous 48 states, name some of the vendors that have favorable shipping practices. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2004, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it sucks dont it.thats our disadvantage of being out in the middle of the ocean.I just learn to deal with it.most all of them are all the same(high).
Old 04-13-2004, 05:13 AM
TECH Addict

I know the feeling man.. Having the need for speed in Hawaii sucks!

Pacesetter LT's and ORY $500 + ($150 for shipping)
TSP Rumbler $225 shipping $100

That's just the beginning.. I think for what I've paid for shipping. I could have purchased LS1Edit twice. Which is what I'm tryin to save for now.

Damn this place Hawaii
Old 04-13-2004, 05:22 AM
Suspended Sponsor Account

It has nothing to do with the vendors, it is the fact that unless a vendor uses the US mail shipping costs are high. Fed-Ex and UPS to not have ground service to Hawaii(obviously) and shipment is rated as 2cd day air and is more expensive. If you need something give us a call and we can ship your item out through the US Mail, it is still more costly but not like Fed-Ex or UPS. The down side is it takes a lot longer to get there. We shipped a set of Stage 2X LS1 heads to a guy in Germany using Priority mail and it took about 10 days, cost was like $65.00
Old 04-13-2004, 06:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nuzee
I'm tired of getting ripped on shipping costs to Hawaii. My recent order, all 9 pounds of it, cost me $38. Instead of raising hell w/ the vendor, I've decided to just not buy anything from him anymore.

So, all you guys not in the contiguous 48 states, name some of the vendors that have favorable shipping practices. Thanks!
I know it sucks paying more and the wait to get something to Hawaii. I do miss the place. I'm a graduate of Mililani High class of 87 and played some college ball at Hawaii pacific college. Go sea warriors.
Old 04-13-2004, 07:18 AM
11 Second Club

Well, I gave in and decided to move to the mainland to avoid the wait and excessive expenses! Nah, j/k.

I don't miss the ridiculous prices of living in Hawaii after 35 years. Freight is unreasonable. But the stevedores make a shitload of money!

Actually, here in South Florida, I pay a lot too because we are further down the peninsula. But not nearly as bad as HI. On a sidenote, I wish I could get a Rainbow Drive In Plate Lunch FedEx'd overnight to me!

Somebody feed me, I need ono grinds!

Tom
Punahou Class of '79
Old 04-13-2004, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

I miss the chili and rice I use to eat at Zippy's. can anyone fed-ex some to me? I had alot of local friends that lived near the North shore and we would get together and they would say lets cook and have a big hibatchi. Oh by the way I miss the bikinis at the North shore also. Boy Hawaii has some good looking women
Old 04-13-2004, 09:27 AM
12 Second Club

Hey I miss hawaii too!!! Uncle Sam sent me to Nebraska to freez my *** off! Shipping is pretty crazy in Hawaii, at 4wheelpartswholesalers in Waipahu you gotta pay freight if the stuff you want aint in town. I used to think that was so gay. My father now sends stuff to me then he either picks it up when they visit or I bring it home when im on leave. Well good thing about the cold it keeps the miles down on the car. Well I wish I could get some food from home though lol. Hey Mike Zippys got a web site man! you can get the stuff shipped to your house, didn't you know?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hawaiiboysz
Hey I miss hawaii too!!! Uncle Sam sent me to Nebraska to freez my *** off! Shipping is pretty crazy in Hawaii, at 4wheelpartswholesalers in Waipahu you gotta pay freight if the stuff you want aint in town. I used to think that was so gay. My father now sends stuff to me then he either picks it up when they visit or I bring it home when im on leave. Well good thing about the cold it keeps the miles down on the car. Well I wish I could get some food from home though lol. Hey Mike Zippys got a web site man! you can get the stuff shipped to your house, didn't you know?
No I didn't know Zippy's had a web site. Do you know what is is?
Old 04-13-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

like said I just learn to live with it.I know thiers more advantage living out here.I move from Guam to here and I love it.your right about good looking women here try going to Waikiki,AlaMoana,Pearlridge my eyes are just all over place and most of all the grindddsss.Sooooo Onooooooo.
Old 04-13-2004, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 35th SS
like said I just learn to live with it.I know thiers more advantage living out here.I move from Guam to here and I love it.your right about good looking women here try going to Waikiki,AlaMoana,Pearlridge my eyes are just all over place and most of all the grindddsss.Sooooo Onooooooo.

And above all, the hapa chicks look incredible. It kills me when I read about TX and CA having all the hotties.

No way brah. If you haven't been to the isles, then you would never know.

Hawaii food and punani no ka oi....

:shakasign:
Old 04-13-2004, 01:47 PM
11 Second Club

Ahhh, you guys are getting me hungry! lol Thanks for your replies!

ForceFed
Finding a trustworthy vendor to ship USPS is gold. Thank you for posting. I'm going to give you a try. I'm looking at torque converter or cam as my next purchase. When are you going to complete the construction of your website?
Old 04-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Suspended Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by nuzee
ForceFed
Finding a trustworthy vendor to ship USPS is gold. Thank you for posting. I'm going to give you a try. I'm looking at torque converter or cam as my next purchase. When are you going to complete the construction of your website?
The website is coming along slowly one of our master tech is also the webmaster(for now) and he is under the hood more than in front of a puter. Just shoot us an email with what you are looking for and we will get you a price quote and shipping cost.
Old 04-13-2004, 05:04 PM
Launching!

If you guys have something big to ship out to the islands, let me know. Espically if its near Houston or Louisana, I work at a freight forwarder and can get some badass deals on shipping, air I get almost 50% published rates! Also Im at a commerical address so some stuff that cant be delivered to a house, can come here and I can get it to a house. Later, JP!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1ScrudeDude
And above all, the hapa chicks look incredible. It kills me when I read about TX and CA having all the hotties.

No way brah. If you haven't been to the isles, then you would never know.

Hawaii food and punani no ka oi....

:shakasign:
here you go shaka to you brah!

thanks Jip99z for trying to hook us up out here for some cheaper rates on shipping.will give you a holler when I need something big to shipped.