Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Disappointed guys...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed guys...

What up Goat owners? Please dont flame me for this thread but I kind of had to get it off my chest. I know the people on here that have had their goats for more than a few years have ran into the typical issues our cars have but Ive noticed lately weve gotten a few new members that have just gotten their goats. I know there are complete sites dedicated to GTO owners but I, personally, like our site here the best and would rather search for info here than anywhere else. Between other owners, moderators, and the like, I have gained a lot of knowledge of my car and LS based cars abroad. I propose we start trying to get OUR cars issues stickied, other than the electrical one, and ignition cyl fix. Im talking like suspension issues like strut rub, front radius rod bushings, and basically all the bushings that are prone to tire wear and other problems. Other things to be stickied could be how a lot of cars rear seat stitching splits, or anything else along the lines of shared problems we all have faced, or for the new guys, WILL face. Maybe this is a bad idea but Im tired of having to go to other sites to find things, when this is the only one I want to be a member of. Sponsors could help too like Pedders, BMR, and whoever makes specialty parts for our cars. This may go up in flames but I thought it worth a try.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

so your asking for 1 extra sticky to inform users about the crappy bushings that came on the car and have a company advertise that their bushings are better?
Old 11-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are plenty of advertisements on here for bushing kit's on GTO's.

It's like putting a "you need a better rear end" sticky in the LS1 F-body section. It's not really necessary.

The BCM sticky and fuel rail cover sticky are much more of a necessity.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GTOSE
There are plenty of advertisements on here for bushing kit's on GTO's.

It's like putting a "you need a better rear end" sticky in the LS1 F-body section. It's not really necessary.

The BCM sticky and fuel rail cover sticky are much more of a necessity.
^^^Ageed!!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

My apologies guys, that wasn't my intention. I guess I didn't word it correctly as to what I was meaning.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Teching In

I don't understand. So you own a GTO, however you're uninterested in frequenting the more popular GTO forums and using this forum as a technical depot for engine specific issues when you can't resolve your problem with the plethera of stickies / knowledge base available on the other site?

There are really only 3 sites for your GTO, 2 of which no one uses, 1 of which everyones on asking dumb questions but getting them answered which also provides a step-by-step for everything and how to fix it.. What's wrong with that place?

This site is great, but it's definitely a tech site a lot of great information. But what you're asking is for the site to copy paste all the work already done on another site and claim it as there own.. I'm sure there would be issues with that.

Quick Reply: Disappointed guys...