Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just installed my mwc fab 9

Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just installed my mwc fab 9

i installed my fab 9 this past weekend,
I have built alot of projects in the past and had some qa1 adj. shocks left over, they are designed for the front of a truck 90/10 split, (min.adjustment)with them mounted on the car sitting on the ground, i can jump on the rear of the car and it takes forever for the car to settle down to the new height (for my weight) when i jump off, the car it rebounds very fast (via 90/10 split) WHEN I turned them all the way up my body wight will not move them at all nor can you think about pulling them out for rebound.
when i watch videos of low7-mid8 second cars the rear barely moves when they are launching, will these shocks work for my car or do i need to send hem off to be re valved, thanks for input
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Easier just to sell them off and reinvest the returns rather than put more into the QA1s that still won't be quite as good as a set of Strange or Afco shocks. You will need a bit more aggressive shock than just off the shelf, but we handle that for you when you order.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if they get re valved? We have shop here local for shocks, 60 for the pair to revalve.. Not going against you but the valving in the shock is all that determines a shocks performance right
Old 11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If it is that close then maybe not such a bad deal, as long as the mounts and travel is correct for your car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just installed my mwc fab 9