PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Truck Keeps throwing ABS codes after driving?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Truck Keeps throwing ABS codes after driving?

THe tire size is all programmed right, they are 38" tires. After about a mile or two of driving the ABS system inoperative code comes up and the ABS light says on dash. Any thoughts?
Old 04-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sbrown99TA
THe tire size is all programmed right, they are 38" tires. After about a mile or two of driving the ABS system inoperative code comes up and the ABS light says on dash. Any thoughts?

Have you checked the sensors for the ABS on your front hubs?? My bearings were going and then my ABS light came on when i replaced the hub I found out that the sensor melted because the rotors were rubbing against it. Replaced the hub (which came with a new sensor) and waa laa no more problem.
Old 04-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Launching!

If I load the Hypertech program it does not throw the code, only when I load the LS1 Edit file it throws it. I was thinking that maybe it had something to do with the "ABS Input Pulses Per Mile" number under the speedometer section, or maybe the "Speedometer Input Pulses Per Mile".
Old 04-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Anyone?
Old 04-15-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

when you entered the tire size in Edit, did you also enter the gear size and press the apply changes button? you have to enter both even if you only want to change one.

Why not try this... load the hypertech program into the PCM, then read the PCM with Edit. That way you can see what the HPP tune is doing to the gear and tire scaling to make it work right.