Sponsored by:

Should I use nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:43 AM
aja
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I use nitrous

I recently bought a supercharged 04 gto and have no idea what else has been done to the motor guessing it should be around 500 hp if I were to put a fogger on it what kind of gain would I see? what damage could I do to my motor if its fairly stock? new to nitrous and just curious if it would be worth it? Thanks
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM
FormerVendor

Before doing nitrous i would do a couple of things.

1. Verify tune. I would get it on the dyno and make sure there is nothing wrong with your tune.

2. Verify the fuel system on the car. Check to see what fuel pump is in the car, if it has a hot wire or boost a pump. Depending on the power that it is making would determine how much nitrous you could hit the car with.

You will get cooler air charges, and more power if you have the fuel to supply the extra power. I would see your car already making 500 whp so i would want to verify that you would be able to supply fuel for nitrous. If not you could do some damage.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Teching In

id do some serious research before pulling the trigger on it. and continue listening and speaking to guys like nitrous outlet like above.

Quick Reply: Should I use nitrous