Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wtf is this??

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtf is this??

Alright on a very serious note - I have a potentially extremely dangerous issue with my car. First off, I have a 99 m6 z28. Your basic exhaust/intake car. Well recently I have discovered an oil leak on the driver side. And also this issue, I can't recall, seems like it didnt start till after my Aeroforce and A/F ratio gauge install. But that could just be me getting paranoid.

Okay, for the issue - First off, when I'm cruising around, if I put the car in neutral to coast around at all, my lights will flicker and dim really badly and RPM's will drop quite a bit.
Secondly, and most scary, my car will DIE when decelerating after applying the brake and clutch pedal. It doesn't really seem to do it at a set speed, but I have almost wrecked several times due to this issue. I have checked my MAF and IAT sensor - neither are dirty and I was told this should be the first area to check. I really need help trying to figure out what the hell this issue is because I really don't feel like totalling my car. Please help!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

check all your grounds, your battery connections, and your alternator output.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

How do I check the alternator output?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

if you don't have a multimeter, you should just be able to swing by napa/autozone and they can test it for you with a VAT. or any shop for that matter. but if you have a multimeter you can put the test lead on the excite wire stud on the alternator and then increase your engine rpms and you should see your voltage climb up to at least 12.5-13 volts
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Oh yeah and I meant to add that ZERO engine codes are showing up! - and this may or may not matter, but I have a capacitor installed for my sound system, and when I first installed it it was holding 13-14 volts and now sometimes it will climb all the way up to like 17 or so.

Quick Reply: Wtf is this??