Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How big a shot with H/C and NXL system?

Old 04-13-2004, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How big a shot with H/C and NXL system?

Would I be able to run the NXL with the 180 jets on my H/C setup in sig. I have a larger fuel pump and larger injectors. Still have stock bottom end with 415rwhp in an A4 through a 12 bolt
Old 04-15-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

anybody
Old 04-16-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Damn I was looking for an anwser too.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

The only thing I'd be concerned with is rod bolt stretch. There's of course no guarantee you'll be fine, but I've seen MANY people spray 150-200 HP on stock bottom end heads/cam cars. They typically rebuild 'em after a year or so though I'd stick to the 120HP jetting and be safe.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:07 AM
TECH Resident

I don't see your A4 lasting to long.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

built trans, see sig.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

lots of problems with the NXL kit... bigger injectors u dont need for a wet kit ( i only said that because u mentioned it as part of a "to do" list for the NXL ) ...

something about running the rails dry... and then requiring a 200$ part to fix it on top of the kit... do a search on NXL...

I would do a TNT kit and call it a day... unless u are going crazy large on the N2O
Old 04-18-2004, 08:35 PM
8 Second Club

I have sprayed 260+ on a stock bottom end. Many passes on the street so far, and broke it at the track (trans concerns).

Not saying it is a good idea by any means, but if your fuel system is up to the task.....this is not with the NXL system but the Noszle system.

I'm currently getting everything ready to go th400, and I'll just keep on spraying it like I do now. We'll see how long it lasts...
Old 04-18-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

My NXL seems to be running just fine The accumulator definitely made the difference though, and current NXL owners can get it for $50 from NX.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Brains,
Have you had you rcar no the dyno after installing the accumulator? If so did it cure the initial lean spike? And how much of a RWHP gain did you see from your jetting?
Thanks
Chris

Originally Posted by Brains
My NXL seems to be running just fine The accumulator definitely made the difference though, and current NXL owners can get it for $50 from NX.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just spraying it on the street, no dyno and no track yet.. I have an in-car wideband, and the reading doesn't stabilize very quickly on motor, but it actually stabilizes faster on gas... Without the accumulator, there was a *VERY* dramatic lean spike, to the point the car would nose over and then blow the tires away when the power hit.

Now WITH the accumulator, I can't hardly tell the transition at all. The power just comes on smooth as silk. If I get curious I'll hook the fuel pressure gauge back up, but the way the kit is working I'm completely satisfied. The first time I spray it, its kinda funny -- doesn't hardly even feel like a nitrous car the power comes in so smooth. Once I spray it and have the lines purged, it hits like you'd expect. Maybe one of these days I'll put a purge solenoid on it.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the response, Brian. That is what I was wanting to hear, especially since I have my NXL on order. If the transition is as smooth as you say, it should be a little easier on the drivetrain. maybe my rear end will last the summer.

Originally Posted by Brains
Just spraying it on the street, no dyno and no track yet.. I have an in-car wideband, and the reading doesn't stabilize very quickly on motor, but it actually stabilizes faster on gas... Without the accumulator, there was a *VERY* dramatic lean spike, to the point the car would nose over and then blow the tires away when the power hit.

Now WITH the accumulator, I can't hardly tell the transition at all. The power just comes on smooth as silk. If I get curious I'll hook the fuel pressure gauge back up, but the way the kit is working I'm completely satisfied. The first time I spray it, its kinda funny -- doesn't hardly even feel like a nitrous car the power comes in so smooth. Once I spray it and have the lines purged, it hits like you'd expect. Maybe one of these days I'll put a purge solenoid on it.

Search this Thread