New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sensor locations

Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sensor locations

Is there an exploded view of a 5.3 available anywhere that shows where all the sensors are located? I'm going carb, but i'd like to know what sensors are what.

Also, where are you guys mounting your engine stand to the block? I went to mount the head for my stand, one of the holes that are normally there on a SBC isn't drilled or tapped. I want this to be secure and wondered which holes you guys were using to make it solid.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IIRC There should be a sensor diagram in the GM service manual but it’s been a while since I have looked. For the engine stand you will need M10 bolt, and some washers to make up the distance in between the engine stand if the bolts are a little to long.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I know the bolt size, I already have those. I was referrring to which holes in the block were being used, the block is missing 1 hole where the SBC normally has one.

Do you know which factory manual? For a truck? This engine is going to be transplanted into a 1990 Ranger.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Teching In

googles your best friend ill look now and see if i can find one but im sure they are out there

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sensor locations