Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Direct Port by NX

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 07:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default LS3 Direct Port by NX

This bad boy just arrived at our shop yesterday before going home and I wanted to show it off. We sent this out to NX for a 4 solenoid direct port system and we wanted one capable of flowing 600+hp just in case it's ever needed . NX gave us a great price for the installation and supplied parts which included the direct port, labor to install direct port, feed line, 10lb bottle, bottle brackets and required relays and wiring.

The car that this is going on has a 416 cubic inch LS3 block motor, Mast Black Label small bore LS3 heads, 2" Kooks headers, TH400 with an Ultimate Converter Concepts stall converter and a 3.90 rear gear. Full weight, full interior, full accessory street car that is making right at 500rwhp at the rear wheels through an unlocked 4000rpm stall converter. It's been 6.80's on motor and 6.0's@112-113mph with only a 150 shot plate system.

Said customer actually had a run in with the rear bumper at track and smashed his exhaust tips, rear bumper, tranny pan, tranny bell housing and oil pan pretty bad when it drug the rear bumper on a wheel stand and came back down hard. We decided it was time for a progressive because he previously was hitting it off the trans brake before with no delay or progression and we know what that got him! He likes to drive this car A LOT hence the full accessories, A/C, P/S and every amenity it had from the factory so a power glide was out of the question and he likes running it on motor from time to time so changing the rear gear to a 3.42 or 3.55 was also not in the cards.

We're hoping with the direct port and progressive we will be able to pill the system up to 300 and ramp it in progressively keeping the front end down and run some 5.80's or quicker...at least that is the goal/plan!

Anyways, enough of me....some pictures of the intake:

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 11-29-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my favorite part is the 90° used on the solenoid above injector #3. are those -6 lines feeding into the nitrous solenoids? they look pretty beefy!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Somebody09
my favorite part is the 90° used on the solenoid above injector #3. are those -6 lines feeding into the nitrous solenoids? they look pretty beefy!
That is a very tight bend and position that hard line is in isn't it!

Yes, those are -6 lines feeding into the nitrous solenoids. To my knowledge NX does not make or ever use anything smaller than a -6 feed line from the bottle valve all the way to the nitrous solenoid.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats some trick work....
Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by papermushrooms
thats some trick work....
Yes it is, and the guy that did the work isn't even their regular intake plumbing guy.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad that you like it Martin. I hope that y'all enjoy and I want to see some numbers once y'all get it going.

Trey
Old 11-29-2012, 03:44 PM
FormerVendor

No need to worry about the numbers we'll have that covered!

Quick Reply: LS3 Direct Port by NX