Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

79 full size vs 11 ss

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 79 full size vs 11 ss

So for the past 10 months this guy I know has been talking **** about how awesome his truck is (not even his it belongs to his friend) said it makes 500 whp running 102 octane blah blah blah. So I start to ask him about some of his specs chevy 350 bored over built with 9.1 to 1 compression I kind of wonde how we'll that's going to work since he's running n/a. He goes on to say talk some **** I call him out several times and he beats around the bush I never even see the truck finally 3 months later this thing pulls up dipping in the middle no bed in the back I'm thinking finally lets do this.

I try calling him out with no success he still needs to do a few things ......... Same excuse different day so several months go by mind you we started whole thing last jan its now oct season is winding down one of the last cruise nights and here they are pulling up I'm stoked. The last time we spoke he said he wanted to race after he got a stall converter and his head bolts backed out so he needed to get that fixes to. Fast forward to today they pull in I start to call them out hoping they would run. After a out an hour of bullshitin at they cruise we agree to run find a nice empty road at a stop light I'm a bit skeptical as much as he's talking it up both are on street tires so its fair. The light turns green I ease into the throttle as to not spin the tires not that it would have mattered I put a bout 5 cara on him before I let out we pull into a parking lot the owner was surprised I was that fast and again the other guy had excuses trying to justify the situation so waiting on the rematch will have video next time.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys sounds like a complete toolshed who knows NOTHING about engines. 9 to 1 compression is 87 octane gas, race gas would slow it down. It also would never make 500rwhp from a 350ci with 9 to 1 compression even with the baddest cam and heads every made on it. which you know he didn't have.

next time video the kill. From his truck if you can so he can't claim some bs like spinning or miss shifts.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Teching In

I'm trying to talk him into it all I'm hearing are excuses
Old 11-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Good kill. I hate trash talkers.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

make sure he has slicks or drs so he cant use the "I spun" excuse..hell even give him the hit so he doesnt claim u jumped
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Well the person I speak of cant afford any slicks or dr so I think I'll give them a bit of a jump so there are no excuses.

Last edited by tobyerob; 11-30-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Misspell
Old 12-01-2012, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

theres a couple local guys that are the same way. stock zz4 but they say it puts down 450whp...

Quick Reply: 79 full size vs 11 ss